AECOM IT Lead in Yuma, Arizona
Business Line Government
Position Title IT Lead
United States of America - Arizona
Purpose and Scope:
Manage the operation and performance of a group's Information Technology (IT) function.
Description of Duties
1) Responsible for the overall operations, maintenance, technology refresh and performance of contract IT functions. This includes development of global and CONUS enterprise networks within classified and unclassified environments.
2) Attend technical exchanges and meetings to keep abreast of new software and hardware developments and identify changes and trends in computer, network and systems technology to apply new technologies to meet contractual system requirements.
3) Lead in determination of contract and client needs and help to develop overall strategy for applied information technology and networks.
4) Act to assure integrity of contract and client data through application of Cyber Security and access control management practices.
5) Enhance IT performance relative to disaster recovery, security, software currency, documentation and maintainability.
6) Perform research for appropriate hardware and software requirements.
7) Develop required technical and management documentation.
8) Manage IT projects including design and implementation of new IT infrastructure, technologies and processes.
9) Developing and enforcing Network Operations Policies, Standards and Procedures.
10) Participate in technical design review meetings for compliance to DISA STIG, NIST or industry best practices.
11) Oversee the testing and patching to network systems/devices to insure IAVA and STIG compliance and maintaining network accreditations, security and availability.
12) Support Accreditation efforts and maintain Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) of network deficiencies and tasks to ensure timely closure.
13) Collaborate with Engineering, Cybersecurity and Operations teams to ensure cross team collaboration and utilization.
14) Assist in the development of and implementation of configuration management procedures as a member of the Configuration Management Board.
15) Flexible and able to handle competing priorities.
16) Actively partner with peer management to ensure resolution of service impacting issues.
17) Identify and analyze network quality and operational processes and then drive corrective/preventative action plans.
18) Provide Tier 3 trouble-shooting to isolate, diagnose, and fix problems dealing with servers, networking, and communication equipment. Escalate support via maintenance agreements for Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, IDS’, SolarWinds, Windows Active Directory, VMWare ESXi and VCenter, SQL, IIS, DNS, automated patch management systems, DISA HBSS, and PKI.
19) Travel in support of programs, projects, site reviews and meetings.
20) Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communications, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related discipline (Engineering, Information Science, Computer Science, or related field) plus 4 years of IT Systems Management or at least 8 years of a combination of IT Training, IT Certifications and progressively relevant work experience in the areas of:
Enterprise Network Administration; Information Systems Management; IT System Planning, Design, Development; IT operations; Information System Auditing; Incident and Violation reporting; Managing a dynamic IT organization with varying priorities; Security documentation and Organization development
Required Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the following areas:
Management experience with the ability to effectively lead and influence a geographically dispersed matrixed team to successfully maintain network security and availability in a dynamic DoD network environment.
Ability to effectively lead and influence cross-functional teams.
Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to create IT metrics, technical documentation, management reports and presentations that status network health, project status and current issues and then present to Executive Management.
Ability to develop, grow and motivate team members, direct and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
Lifecycle support of the DoD Information Assurance and Accreditation Process, Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Minimum Position Training Requirement
Must maintain DoD 8570.1 certification requirements for IAM-II
Must be a US Citizen
Must possess and maintain a DoD security clearance
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Information Technology
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 190563BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.