AECOM Associate Director in UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, United Kingdom
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
We are looking for an Associate Director - Highways and Drainage to join our busy Development Infrastructure team. The team manages many multidisciplinary residential-led projects, with design work spanning scoping and feasibility, technical support for planning and detailed design of infrastructure for implementation, and support during construction.
The team support AECOM design teams throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland on a range of infrastructure projects including highway, rail and water infrastructure schemes, and on commercial, education, leisure, defense and other government buildings.
This is an ideal opportunity for a suitably experienced Civil Engineer to develop their career and assist in the technical direction and growth of this team.
• Technical delivery and financial performance of projects.
• Preparation of fee proposals and management of budgets.
• Oversee and checking the production of studies, assessments and/or conceptual designs for development schemes including drainage, roads, utilities, earthworks and flooding.
• Overseeing and checking the detailed design calculations, engineering design drawings, specifications and reports prepared by team members.
• Management of a project team and representing the team internally and externally.
• Interfacing with clients and managing and developing client relationships.
• Liaison with regulatory bodies and stakeholders to deliver the necessary approvals.
• Line management and mentoring to colleagues.
• Civil Engineering Degree and/or Masters Degree
• Relevant experience, ideally with a consultant in Highways and Drainage design for residential and commercial schemes.
• Experience in working with developer clients and contractors.
• Proven track record in delivering infrastructure projects.
• Experience in supervising and developing staff in performance and career growth.
• Incorporated or Chartered (or working towards) Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management.
• Member of the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Transportation
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: Europe & India