AECOM Information Management Special in Springfield, Virginia
United States of America - Virginia, Springfield
The Information Management Specialist will use their analytical skills to apply policy and procedures created by the client in making document determinations on different review mediums (declassification, research, records management, security reviews, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)). Each candidate must have demonstrated strong analytical skills, reading comprehension, attention to detail, and organizational abilities.
1) Analyze, research and make recommendations on classified and unclassified records for either a Quality Control (QC) or Senior Reviewer to review and approve.
2) Participates as a team member but also works independently to adjudicate decisions on documents (independent research is also required).
3) Proper understanding of document markings and ultimately proper handling.
5) Working knowledge of classification, declassification, and FOIA exemption categories.
6) Ability to properly recognize actual and possible nuclear weapons and intelligence information in all types of documents.
7) Ability to correctly apply appropriate review guidance.
8) Ability to apply proper records management techniques to ensure the integrity of reviewed material.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree preferably in a discipline such as: History, Political Science, International Affairs, or Security Studies. In lieu of the Bachelors degree requirement, relevant experience (declassification, research, FOIA, public policy, intelligence, military weapons systems, or records management/museum experience) may be substituted. Experience in one or more of the following areas: working in a group environment, working either independently or under minimal supervision, working in a fluid setting. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require periodic travel within the National Capital Region.
- What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 216041BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.