AECOM Information Management Analyst in Springfield, Virginia
United States of America - Virginia, Springfield
The Information Analyst will use their analytical skills to apply policy and procedures created by the client in making document determinations on different review mediums (declassification, research, records management, security reviews, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)). Each candidate must have demonstrated strong analytical skills, reading comprehension, attention to detail, and organizational abilities. Additionally, they should have at least a year of experience relevant to classification, declassification, research, records management, security reviews or FOIA.
1) Analyze, research and make recommendations on classified and unclassified records for either a Quality Control (QC) or Senior Reviewer to review and approve.
2) Participates as a team member but also works independently to adjudicate decisions on documents (qualitative research is also required).
3) Plans work for Junior Analyst and teaches them on the job techniques.
4) Proper understanding of document markings and ultimately proper handling.
5) Working knowledge of classification, declassification, and FOIA exemption categories.
6) Ability to properly recognize actual and possible nuclear weapons and intelligence information in all types of documents.
7) Ability to correctly apply appropriate review guidance.
8) Ability to apply proper records management techniques to ensure the integrity of reviewed material.
9) Conducts and teaches modules pertaining to the key job duties during new analyst training.
10) Leverages professional experience such as intelligence, military, operational security, or foreign affairs training while executing job responsibilities.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in a discipline such as: History, Political Science, International Affairs, or Security Studies. In lieu of the Bachelor’s degree requirement, one to three years relevant experience (classification, declassification, research, FOIA, public policy, intelligence, military weapons systems, or records management/museum experience), military, or government experience may be substituted. Experience in one or more of the following areas: working in a group environment, working either independently or under minimal supervision, working in a fluid setting. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require periodic travel within the National Capital Region.
Position requires at minimum a secret clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 204272BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.