AECOM Supervising Discipline Engineer 3 in Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Business Line Government
Position Title Supervising Discipline Engineer 3
United States of America - Tennessee
AECOM is seeking a Supervising Discipline Engineer for our Oak Ridge, TN location.
Responsible for managing the discipline engineering to meet customer and project requirements regarding scope, scheduling and budgets. Provides a liaison between discipline engineers and Project Engineering Managers and between Project Managers, Chief Discipline Engineers and Principal Engineers with respect to project scope, budget, scheduling and overall engineering and design requirements and employee administration.
1) Coordinate the discipline's engineering with that of other disciplines.
2) Maintain records, files and other documents pertaining to the discipline.
3) Assume responsibility for ensuring that engineering documents comply with applicable state laws/regulations, including affixing registered engineer seal when required.
4) Assign preparers and checkers for discipline specifications and coordinates review of external specifications.
5) Establish schedules and budgets to meet project requirements and obtains approval.
6) Maintain technical coordination with the Principal Engineer to ensure adherence to industry codes, regulatory requirements and sound engineering practices.
7) Direct the preparation and submits periodic reports and forecasts on the status of the discipline.
8) Comply with state requirements for continuing education, maintains and obtains licenses as requested.
9) Continually upgrade technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training.
10) Advises the Project Engineering Manager regarding status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems.
11) Work closely with Chief Discipline Engineers, Principal Engineers and Project Engineering Managers on employees_ evaluations and promotions and the overall technical improvement of the group.
12) Lead the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor the effect of these on the budget.
13) Able to lead all aspects of estimating for a discipline
14) Responsible for performance management and mentoring
15) Provide assistance to projects to address technical issues related to process improvement.
16) Assist in training and mentoring/coaching other team members.
17) Assist in the development of training programs within area of technical expertise and conducts training sessions as appropriate.
18) Create positive working relationships with peer leaders.
19) Create productive relationships with organizations both within and external to Engineering.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor of Science Engineering Degree from a four -year ABET accredited university.
8+ years of professional experience. Professional Engineering License required.Have an advanced level of knowledge of Instrumentation and Control System Engineering and a strong understanding of the other disciplines. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.Position may require travel.
Must be able to lead a team and provide technical guidance for all instrumentation and control deliverables including: control panel layout drawings, P&ID’s, Instrument and IO Lists, instrument datasheets and specifications.
Must be able to able to obtain a TN PE license within 60 days.
Must have experience and knowledge of ISA standards
Experience and/or knowledge usingthe UL 60947‐4‐1 standard
Experience with SmartPlant Instrumentation
Experience with Revit
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 188309BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.