AECOM Senior Asset Manager in NZ -Wellington, New Zealand
Our Civil Infrastructure team in Wellington is still growing and we are looking for a Senior Asset Engineer to become a key member of our multi-disciplined design engineering team. If you are looking to take the next step in your career, are after balance, opportunity and want to genuinely feel like you are part of something, please reach out. To be successful in the role you will utilise your considerable technical and industry experience to provide Asset Engineering input to project teams, and to our clients to develop safe, whole of life project solutions and outcomes.You will provide guidance to professional and technical staff on a range of projects that deliver high standard outcomes for AECOM clients. You will also be involved in regular client liaison, business development and winning work.
As a Senior Asset Engineer you will:
• Undertake and lead tactical Asset Engineering work, evaluations and planning for projects for both government and private clients
.• Help in the development and maintaining a high level of technical skill in the team• Training and mentor junior team members
• Knowledge and experience in health and safety requirements, Tactical asset management, System operation and Design, and developing appropriate safety plans
• Actively participate in business and strategic planning activities to identify opportunities and to sustain the growth of the business in short, medium and longer term.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external parties to ensure maximum benefit is achieved for AECOM from these relationships.
• Provide high quality technical advice to clients and ensures that the needs of clients are understood and met
• Support AECOM business leaders and project management team in capturing opportunities from clients, submitting proposals and project management of civil infrastructure projects
• Support other AECOM business lines in project delivery of Asset Management and engineering scope
• Big picture’ appreciation – holistic approach to managing infrastructure – through linking with skillsets from across the wider AECOM business to deliver integrated solutions to our clients
• Able to work in the absence of prescriptive codes etc – find pragmatic solutions by applying the principles of asset management, IIMM etc, noting that these can be quite broad
• A strong interest and passion for developing and promoting integrated management solutions for our clients across their asset portfolio so that AECOM is seen as a pre-eminent provider of asset management services.
• An innovative thinker focused on opportunities to improve ways of working and making informed changes, as well as raising ideas where required.
• Demonstrated customer focus
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Commitment to providing quality outputs on time, every time
• Good understanding of business and change management processes
• Strategic and tactical thinking capability applied in asset management throughout the asset lifecycle
• A strong understanding of Asset Management leading practices, frameworks and relevant standards
• An understanding of Asset Management process, practices, frameworks, and relevant standards
• Proven ability to support and deliver a broad range of asset management improvement services
• Interest in promoting and selling the skills of the business to external parties to develop new business development opportunities
• The ability to learn quickly particularly about disciplines and services
• Appropriate tertiary qualification
• 5-10 years prior demonstrated experience in Asset Management and Information Management
• Experience working in tactical asset management (operations and maintenance) environment is desirable (not essential)
• Relevant postgraduate qualifications
• Chartered or professional member of relevant professional body would be highly regarded.
• Recently published or presented paper(s) in a relevant technical area would be highly regarded
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come.
We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership.
Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Transportation
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: ANZ