AECOM R&D Scientist 5 in Morgantown, West Virginia
Business Line Energy
Position Title R&D Scientist 5
United States of America - West Virginia
AECOM is seeking a Research and Development Scientist 5 for our Morgantown, WV location.
1) Operating the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) Raman Gas Analyzer (RGA), in the lab at NETL and at off-site locations
2) Maintaining the RGA to support research functions, improving the RGA to meet scientific needs, and any support needed to complete calibration of the RGA
3) Fabricating optical capillaries in Morgantown B25-102 lab for the RGA and related research
4) Supporting other applied optical diagnostics research projects in B25-210 and B25-208
5) Acting as a technical resource to meet task requirements of NETL and AECOM research managers in attaining goals established for the NETL team and NETL Research and Innovation Center programs
6) Participation in group meetings with the NETL Innovative Energy & Water Processes Team as well as other task related meetings
7) Preparation of technical papers, reports, conference papers, and annual and quarterly administrative reports
8) Presenting the results of the research at technical conferences and publishing in archival journals
9) Significant expertise in spectroscopy and applied laser measurement.
10) Direct hands-on experience in designing, building, and applying laser-based spectroscopy systems.
11) Demonstrated expertise with Raman spectroscopy preferred.
Bachelors degree in Engineering, or related scientific field and at least 11 years of job-related experience or a Masters degree and 6 years of experience or a Ph. D. and 3 years of experience or equivalent. A Professional Engineer's license may substitute for 2 years of experience. Excellent communication and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
PhD in physics, mechanical engineering, energy, materials science, or a closely related field.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Sciences
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 186285BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.