AECOM Senior Hydrogeolist in Melbourne, Australia
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
In recent years, the infrastructure pipeline in South-Eastern Australia has continued to grow, resulting in unprecedented demand for hydrogeological and geotechnical services.
Our Ground Engineering and Tunnelling team in Melbourne is a team of 20 professionals who are involved in a variety of technically challenging projects and includes industry leaders collaboratively delivering strong technical solutions.
Our team is currently delivering a variety of projects locally, interstate and overseas and has a strong pipeline of future work. These include projects in the rail, road, aviation, urban development, renewable energy, and defence markets. We are involved in all phases of projects, from planning and site investigation, to detailed analyses and design, through to delivery including construction phase support services.
• Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
• Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
• Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
• Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignements.
• Identifies discrepancies in results.
• Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
• Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
• Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design
elements for engineering works.
• Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position.
· Previous experience performing hydrogeological field investigations, such as complex drilling and groundwater bore installation, geological logging, and pumping test programs.
· Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data management systems.
· Good communication, interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills.
· Technical report writing capabilities.
· Manual (open) driver’s licence
· Australian citizen eligible for achieving Australian Government Baseline security clearance.
· Capacity to undertake occasional short-term interstate travel, if required for project delivery (preferred, not essential).
Preferred Skills and Experience
· Experience working in a consultancy and local knowledge of the Victorian market.
· Proven track record of independent work and ability to work efficiently within a team environment.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Geotechnical Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Science, majoring in Geology or Geosciences.
· Ideally post-graduate qualifications in hydrogeology or equivalent.
· As a civil or geotechnical engineer, you would be expected to be a Member of Engineers Australia (or be eligible for) and, working towards or preferably have attained CPEng (Chartered Professional Engineer) status. You would be expected to be or eligible to become Registered Professional Engineer Victoria.
AECOM is a place where you can maximise your innovative thinking and collaborate with a diverse range of highly intelligent and talented people. It is a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, transformational, and iconic projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we have committed to creating a culture that embraces flexibility for all team members. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
· Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part-time and job share options
· Working from Home Tool Kits + Mobile Phone
· State of the art, modern offices
· Paid Parental and Partner Leave
· Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
· Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
· Wellbeing benefits e.g., vaccinations, health insurance discounts
· Employee stock purchase plans
· Professional memberships
· Professional and technical development opportunities.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we will help you reach yours. We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they can contribute
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Water
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: ANZ