AECOM RPA Deputy Program Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title RPA Deputy Program Manager
United States of America - Nevada
Geographic location of assignment is at RPA/PMO Las Vegas, NV in support of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contract (may include TDY deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations). The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for providing the management and leadership necessary to coordinate safe and efficient Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) operations and maintenance support. The incumbent reports to the Senior Operations Manager and is administratively responsible for serving as Deputy Program Manager across all assigned RPA functions and activities. Oversees and supports the overall RPA operations and maintenance functions of the contract, including all aspects of compliance with applicable DOD directives and principles of sound maintenance discipline.
1) Manage RPA program as required under contract agreement(s) with client/customer.
2) Provide supervisory, administrative, and technical leadership in the direction and completion of RPA operations and maintenance contract, including responsibility for cost, schedule and overall performance of all CONUS and OCONUS employee activities.
3) Proactively land and recruit necessary staffing to achieve work completion milestones and deliverables in support of customer requirements.
4) Monitor and adjust contract execution to ensure quality and timeliness of services/deliverables to customer(s).
5) Supervise, coordinate, provide leadership to, and review the work of, assigned staff and/or contracts.
6) Plan, coordinate and review all annual and refresher training required by internal and/or external customers.
7) Interface with customers on a regular basis to support all program management activities.
8) Monitor customer feedback and advise on a broad range of issues related to services being delivered.
9) Directly support oversight and execution of the current contract base and develop and implement new business strategies; and participate in business development, including identifying new business opportunities, developing and implementing strategies and managing proposal development to meet/exceed internal and external customer pursuits.
10) Ensure compliance with government sponsor, prime contractor, and corporate procedures and regulations to include OSHA, State Department, Labor Department, etc. policies and guidelines.
11) Promote the highest degree of safety and ethics standards across employee workforce. Oversee Flight Safety and Ground safety Programs.
12) Direct the investigation and resolution of operational problems in conjunction with other management, technical, and support personnel.
13) Oversee and monitor system logistics, materiel, and RPA sustainment, including associated inventories of parts and supplies.
14) Direct and assure that RPA personnel comply with all manufacturer Airworthiness Directives, Engineering Authorizations, and Service Bulletins, as well as company and customer defined policies and procedures during operation and maintenance of the RPA fleet.
15) Coordinate with the RPA Training Manager to ensure that required training is provided and documented for unit personnel.
16) Support Quality Assurance programs, and coordinate closely with the RPA Quality Manager and Quality Assurance Representatives to execute an effective surveillance and inspection program.
17) Align company maintenance standards and practices with customer accepted policies and procedures, including compliance with applicable directives in AFI 21-101 and related instructions.
18) Adhere to contract standards as defined in the contract (including modifications), and the statement of work (as amended).
19) Review the maintenance delays and system discrepancies as a means to develop and implement appropriate measures to improve overall performance.
20) Develop and administer effective tool control and foreign object control programs.
21) Perform other duties and tasks as directed by the Senior Operations Manager.
22) Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related career field
Minimum of 12 years general experience in aviation operations or maintenance career fields; 8 years specific experience with USAF aircraft operations or maintenance activities
Management experience and skills to supervise a cadre of inexperienced and experienced RPA operators and maintainers
An extensive knowledge of RPA operations and/or maintenance procedures and aircraft systems, DOD and Federal Government directives and procedures, and Company and Customer policies and guidelines
Supervisory skills to coordinate the efforts of all assigned RPA operators and maintainers to ensure the safe and efficient conduct of RPA operations
Demonstrated professional operations and management and/or related technical experience, with solid understanding of profit and loss reporting
Superior interpersonal and organizational abilities
Computer/typing skills and knowledge of applicable software
Willingness to work odd hours to include some evenings, weekends and holidays
Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and work location access
Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
Ability and willingness to travel to dispersed operating locations across the US and OCONUS
Employee must meet all overseas/OCONUS travel criteria, to include Pre-deployment medical screening (if req) as a condition of employment.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, and must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship upon hire. DoD Top Secret Security Clearance eligibility is required. Must submit updated SF-86 within 30 days of hire start date.
Must be able to gain/maintain the required security clearance level and special access authorization as a condition of continued employment.
Master’s degree in a relevant career field
RPA aircrew or maintenance experience
Prior experience as a Defense Contractor
Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 177745BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.