AECOM RPA Aircrew Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title RPA Aircrew Manager
United States of America - Nevada
Geographic location of assignment is at RPA/PMO Las Vegas, NV in support of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contract (may include TDY deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations). The Aircrew Manager is responsible for the management and leadership necessary to coordinate safe and efficient Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) flight operations. The incumbent reports to the Program Manager and is administratively responsible for all assigned RPA Aircrew (Pilots and Sensor Operators). Directs the overall RPA aircrew functions of the contract, including all aspects of compliance with applicable DOD directives and principles of sound aircrew discipline.
1) Manage daily flight operations to meet customer schedule requirements.
2) Provide trained and highly qualified aircrew to support safe and efficient RPA flight operations.
3) Supervise aircrew to insure all tasks are accomplished proficiently and safely. Provide oversight for any Subcontractor aircrew who are assigned to this contract.
4) Insure standardization of all aircrew, monitor their performance and proficiency, and take appropriate follow up action when necessary.
5) Develop and update required flight manuals, checklists, and training manuals.
6) Train, supervise, and schedule all aircrew duties in accordance with approved directives.
7) Coordinate scheduling of all aircrew assignments and flight training.
8) Coordinate aircrew hiring.
9) Perform route and schedule analysis to optimize flight operations.
10) Ensure all aircrew are currently qualified for the type of operation being conducted.
11) Maintain qualification and currency (if required or authorized) as a MQ-9 LRE or MCE Pilot.
12) Responsible for the aviation safety of all assigned RPA flight operations.
13) Responsible for adhering to the flight plans, regulations and procedures of the Federal Government, Company, Customer, and National Airspace System as applicable.
14) Conduct Site Visits and/or coordinate with deployed Site Leads to maintain visibility on current operating conditions, and retain a high level of relevant aircrew competence.
15) Coordinate activities with all other independent departments.
16) Administer and ensure compliance with all law and directives governing workforce management.
17) Maintain a high standard of ethics and business conduct among all employees.
18) Support company strategic business plan and its components.
19) Provide inputs for planning, budgeting, manpower forecasts, business development and proposal efforts as requested.
20) Liaison with the Quality Department to ensure aircrew performance is properly monitored and that effective procedures are in place to mentor and counsel for deviations as appropriate.
21) Maintain liaison with the DOD, FAA, and other aeronautical agencies as required.
22) Maintain a close liaison with AECOM Safety to build a strong flight safety culture and closely collaborate on potential and actual safety concerns.
23) Identify and manage the career aspirations of individual aircrew and ensure that training plans are in place to meet the needs of daily flight operations, while developing aircrew for positions of greater responsibility.
24) Adhere to contract standards as defined in the contract (including modifications), and the statement of work (as amended).
25) Perform related duties and assignments as directed by the Program Manager.
26) Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum of 10 years general experience in aviation operational career fields; 8 years specific experience with USAF aircraft operations; RPA aircrew experience
Management experience and skills to supervise a cadre of experienced RPA aircrew
An extensive knowledge of RPA flight procedures and aircraft systems, DOD and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) directives and procedures, and Company and Customer policies and guidelines
Supervisory skills to coordinate the efforts of all assigned RPA aircrew to ensure the safe and efficient conduct of flight operations
Superior interpersonal and organizational abilities
Computer/typing skills and knowledge of applicable software
Willingness to work odd hours to include some evenings, weekends and holidays
Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and work location access
Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
Ability and willingness to travel to dispersed operating locations across the US and OCONUS
Employee must meet all overseas/OCONUS travel criteria, to include Pre-deployment medical screening (if req) as a condition of employment.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, and must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship upon hire.
DoD Top Secret Security Clearance eligibility is required.
Must submit updated SF-86 within 30 days of hire start date. Must be able to gain/maintain the required security clearance level and special access authorization as a condition of continued employment.
Master’s degree in a relevant career field
MQ-9 Pilot or Sensor Operator Qualification
MQ-9 Flight Examiner or Instructor Qualification
Prior experience as a Defense Contractor
Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 177748BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.