AECOM Information Assurance Specialist, Lead in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Information Assurance Specialist, Lead
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for Information Assurance (IA) operations for specific projects and/or contracts. Tasks and focused responsibilities include Information System security requirements and risk assessments, vulnerability scan, security test and evaluations, monitoring event logs, and maintaining network health and security. Support the FSO/security staff in all security functions as required.
1) Maintain certifications/authorizations for all classified systems and ensure transmission to appropriate government agencies on a timely basis.
2) Able to develop information system security plans (SSP), Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and best practices and guidelines for classified systems in SAPF classified environments.
3) Must possess a strong working knowledge of computer systems and system software.
4) Responsible for updating and maintaining the system security plans for each accredited classified computer system.
5) Support the FSO and security staff with all security related functions (i.e. PERSEC, Physical Security) in support of contract requirements.
6) Develop, implement, explain, brief and train the system custodians/users concerning their duties/responsibilities on accredited systems.
7) Perform administrative duties and all approval / accreditation paperwork for classified systems, conduct weekly audits of Host systems as required.
8) Assist with investigating security incidents and recommending corrective actions.
9) Ensures compliance with government and company security policies.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
AS Degree in Information Assurance or Minimum 2 years equivalent experience required. DOD 8570 Certification required. Must have a thorough working knowledge of the NIST SP 800-53, Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG), DODM 5205.07, CNSSI 1253 and overall Risk Management Framework. Thorough understanding and knowledge of computers and their peripherals and operating systems. This position requires a great degree of self-direction and motivation. Experience with COMSEC accounts preferred. Active membership in professional organizations such as NCMS, ASIS, etc. is encouraged. A comprehensive understanding of GSA approved security containers and locks is preferred. Attend workshops, conferences and training to maintain proficiency. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) a plus. Must possess and maintain a DoD TS security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, kneeling, standing and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, and must be able to work under deadlines.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Information Technology
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 185219BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.