AECOM Planner/Estimator 1 in Huntsville, Alabama
United States of America - Alabama, Huntsville
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for the coordination of Engineering, Production Control, Purchasing and other applicable departments to achieve optimum utilization of facilities in meeting work schedules.
1) Under general supervision, the Planner / Estimator I (PE) is responsible for proper planning and estimating of manhours on work orders received in Work Control office.
2) Review each request by physically visiting the location where the work is to be performed.
3) Develop detailed schedules, material requirements lists and production plans for established Work Flows.
4) Responsible for all coordination of the task during the planning stages including Work Control Center, other assigned crafts, Shop Foremen, Engineering.
5) Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems and maintain records such a reports on production and material deficiencies.
6) Assist with the preparation of near-term work schedule. Advise Supervisor when task is ready for scheduling.
7) Communicate all developments in the planning stage, special requirements and/or problems encountered.
8) Responsible for coordinating all paperwork when a scope change is encountered by field personnel.
9) Prepare the scope change request in a professional manner for submittal.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
Bachelor_s degree or equivalent experience in related field. Excellent written communication skills; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-orientated work are required. May require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Planning
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 199874BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.