AECOM Weapons Mechanic 2 in Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
United States of America - Alaska, Eielson Air Force Base
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for inspecting, training personnel, and performing organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance/modification on contract units, sub-systems, support equipment and related weapons system. Advise team members and solve unusual maintenance problems by analysis and test engines, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical/electronic systems, etc. Acts as Special Maintenance Technical Advisor to the Site or Team Supervisor.
1) Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty.
2) Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components.
3) Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions.
4) Applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures’ manuals
5) Test engine operations, using testing equipment to locate source of malfunction.
6) Receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician.
7) Will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
8) May be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
9) This mechanic performs line maintenance, related to aircraft armament systems and munitions loading.
10) Install and remove armament related suspension equipment, launchers, adapters, etc. on aircraft to support configuration requirements; install and remove all armament equipment to facilitate other maintenance; and all applicable duties outlined in AFI 21-101 Chapter 3.10
12) Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories, performs preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
13) Will be certified as a Weapons Load Crew Chief
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school graduate or equivalent is required. Five (5) years actual and recent, vehicle or missile, or related weapon systems experience required. The Weapons Specialist/Aircraft Mech II technician will possess a minimum of 2W171 or equivalent experience. One year experience on F-16 aircraft is required. May be required to be licensed by Federal Aviation Administration. Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have basic knowledge of electrical theory, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers. Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to weapon systems and vehicles. Must have knowledge of the scope and limitation of various categories of maintenance and their application to the contract unit. Must know theory and principles of engine operations; accessories and components; electrical and electronic; pneudraulic; and mechanical principles. Knowledge of sheet metal, properties of materials, fuels, and oils. Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring and schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components. Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle. Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Fighter aircraft experience required.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 207421BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.