AECOM APG Aircraft Mechanic 2 in Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
United States of America - Alaska, Eielson Air Force Base
- MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE *
Business Line Government
Position Title: Aircraft Mechanic 2 (APG) - $36.54/hour with wage supplement of $2.00/hour for the first year as well as $5.75 per hour to offset cost of benefits and additional opportunities for overtime.
United States of America – Alaska, Eielson Air Force Base
Candidates must apply online at www.aecom.jobs For further information call James D. Johnson at 678-489-3796
AECOM is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic 2 (APG) support of U.S. Air Force aircraft support equipment at Eielson Air Force Base, AK.
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for inspecting, training personnel, and performing organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance/modification on contract units, sub-systems, support equipment and related weapons system. Advise team members and solve unusual maintenance problems by analysis and test on missiles, airframes, engines, flight control, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical/electronic systems, etc.
1) Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
2) Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
3) Will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
4) Provides lower level technicians guidance in aircraft repair and technical inspection techniques and procedures according to directives, technical manuals, work standards and operational policies.
5) Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Candidates must apply online through the internal portal.
Promotional Items of Interest to Potential Candidates
No Personal tools required provided at the site
Overtime will be required on this task order
TDY's required to destinations like Guam and Australia
This site falls under a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Candidates must apply online at
For further information call James D. Johnson at
Must be a High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum five (5) years actual and recent intermediate/depot level aircraft maintenance experience required..
Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or aviation maintenance technical school curriculum or possess a certification from an accredited ASNT school.
Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory.
Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
Must possess a detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Fighter Aircraft experience required.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 227118BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.