AECOM Technical Writer II in Crane, Indiana
Business Line Government
Position Title Technical Writer II
United States of America - Indiana
AECOM is seeking a Technical Writer position for Crane, Indiana. This position will support the Mechanical Devices contract and will be responsible to plan, design, write, edit, proofread and finalize documents, technical manuals, orders, specifications, modification work orders, and test plans, procedures and results.
Interface with technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents such as specifications, manuals, reports, plans, training material and presentations.
2) Research a variety of assigned topics and develop writing plans and outlines.
3) Assist in the development of supporting materials (illustrations, tables, etc.).
4) Track and monitors flow of all documents from inception to distribution of final copies. Identifies and correct problem areas as they arise.
5) Provide quality assurance check for all document deliverables.
6) Participate regularly in department and company-wide proposal writing projects. May serve as proposal coordinator for large production efforts.
7) Utilizes appropriate computer software for document test production. Investigates and implement best ways to product documentation electronically.
8) Provides technical writing/editing support to other Company contracts when workloads permit.
9) Establish and maintain electronic and/or hardcopy data library of documents and work order files for documents received for processing.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Associate's degree, or equivalent, and 5 years of experience in writing, editing and managing technical documentation and operator/maintenance manuals for military systems and equipment. Knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications and test practices is required. Must be able to conceptualize, format, structure, write, edit and finalize technical manuals, orders, specifications, modification work orders, and test plans, procedures and results. Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organization skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 184511BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.