AECOM Electronics Technician in Crane, Indiana
Business Line Government
Position Title Electronics Technician
United States of America - Indiana
The Electronics Technician, Maintenance maintains, repairs, troubleshoots, modifies and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment. Works under supervision of higher-level technician.
1) Applies basic technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks following detailed instructions.
2) Performs tasks such as replacing components, wiring circuits, repairing simple electronic equipment; and taking test readings using common instruments such as digital multi-meters,
signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, and oscilloscopes.
3) Works under close supervision receiving technical guidance from supervisor or higher-level technician. Work is checked frequently for accuracy.
4) Maintains, repairs, and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment (e.g., radar, radio, telecommunication, sonar, and navigational aids); micro and mainframe computers and terminals; and industrial measuring, controlling equipment, and industrial calibration
5) Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in determining malfunctions, and applies skill in restoring equipment operations.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Minimum five (5) years actual and recent aircraft or vehicle, or missile experience required. Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to aircraft and missile electronics maintenance mandatory. Clarity of written and oral expression desired. Must have knowledge of the scopes and limitations of various categories of electronic maintenance (related maintenance functions) and their applications to the contract unit. Must know theory and principles of operation of engines, accessories and components, theory of flight and electronic flight controls, and a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic principles. Must be capable of using and reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, and data tables. Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment.
Must be able to obtain the required clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 188380BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.