AECOM Electrical Engineer in Crane, Indiana
United States of America - Indiana, Crane
AECOM is seeking an Electrical Engineer to provide engineering support in the selection, evaluation and qualification of replacement technologies and materials of items within the Strategic Weapons System. Will provide input covering such elements as design, materials selection, performance characteristics, conformance testing, and specified quality requirements and input to the selection, and qualification of current and potential vendors of the Strategic Weapons System. May maintain and develop test system software and hardware, failure diagnostics, provide engineering guidance for test personnel, and provide electrical engineering reviews.
1. Ensures compliance with established standards, guides, precedents, methods, and techniques within discipline. Ensure application and compliance with NEC for product requirements.
2. Establishes electrical and electronic engineering design criteria and provides guidance and evaluation for equipment projects.
3. Conduct design, planning, procurement, and fabrication for electrical distribution systems; electrical system load and short-circuit studies; instrumentation, and control systems; power and lighting systems, other unique electrical / electronic systems
4. Coordinate efforts of technical support personnel, drafters, technical writers and electronic technicians.
5. Develop and recommend design approaches for new and improved products and or processes.
6. Conduct independent technical investigation involving the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field and 2-5 years of job related experience or equivalent. Good written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required; working knowledge of CAD software such as AutoCAD, SolidEdge, or SolidWorks. Position may require travel. US Citizenship required as position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 204852BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.