AECOM Secure Network Manager in Chesterfield, United Kingdom
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
The position will sit within the Security Services business line and will also support that business area on other client projects related to technology. The team provides services from strategic advice to highly technical research, design and delivery related engineering and consultancy services for the Security Sector in the UK.
This role can be based anywhere AECOM have an UK office.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be expected to have a solid understanding in computer networks and cyber security within the Government sector and take ownership of design review, development and technical delivery of projects. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Manage the AECOM UK Secure Environments (Official Sensitive & Nuclear).
● Act as the AECOM key point of contact for the AECOM Secure Network (ASN). Working alongside the solution provider and the business to make sure the environment is fit for purpose.
● Asset Management of the ASN network (tracking of asset owners and allocation of costs)
● Budget management for the ASN alongside vendor deliverables and contract details.
● Working with Finance on annual and Ad Hoc investment requirements, raising PO’s with vendors and managing the spend/costs.
● Defining Security risk related to restricted Information.
● Ensuring that the secure environments remain compliant with the Risk Management Accreditation Document Set (RMADS).
● Attend external Security seminars and present new legislation that may be required on classified networks at the LXOC (internal AECOM Security Group).
● Providing Security advice and guidance to the AECOM CSC and SIRO.
● Investigate future improvements that will be required on any network including budget requirements.
● Support the CSC in accreditation activity.
● Prepare evidence in the event of Security breach in support of the CSC investigation.
● Provide consultancy and design services in relation to computer networks and security across a wide range of clients and technologies in the Security Sector.
● Capture and analyse requirements, create solution designs and develop technical specifications and reports.
● Provide support for systems commissioning and define, document and put into effect system standards.
● Identify and manage technical issues for our AECOM teams; provide expert-level review and recommendation in respect of issue resolution alongside vendor support teams.
● Work closely with AECOM colleagues, project partners and stakeholders to support the development and delivery of assigned projects.
● Work experience in a similar role over seeing a secured environment for Official Sensitive data.
● Experience or postgraduate degree in Data Networks/Cyber Security or in an associated field with network and security.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proven experience in influencing technical and non-technical teams on complex issues.
● Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies quickly and use that knowledge into the development and delivery of projects and bids.
● Willingness to obtain relevant Government Security Clearance.
● Must be a UK national.
● Ability to manage asset/software charging.
● Professional certification in computer networks / information systems / security e.g. CCNP
● Strong network security knowledge and skills.
● Direct involvement or knowledge from involvement in a project, implementing and working over the RLI.
● Worked in the Engineering workspace.
● Demonstrable work experience in network design, development and delivery for Official Sensitive level data management.
● Ability and instinct for developing novel ideas in close engagement with clients/partners/technology providers.
● Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Telecommunications/Computer/Information Systems
● Engineering or in an associated field which is linked with working within the transport or ICT sector
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Geography OH
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: Europe & India
Career Area: Information Technology