AECOM Quality Specialist in Albany, Oregon
United States of America - Oregon, Albany
Perform a variety of quality technical assignments for the planning and overseeing of research projects; provide technical support for the development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of research equipment and systems; and participate as a member of a design, analysis or review team; support activities for the acceptance testing of Interface and Control systems.
1) Guides and directs lower level personnel on the set-up and performance of tests.
2) Acts as liaison with outside suppliers in establishing or modifying specifications for purchased items.
3) Devises and applies testing procedures for parts or sub-assemblies received from outside vendors.
4) Participates in the development, maintenance, and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
5) Ensures that the company and customer’s requirements are met on assigned products, programs, areas, or functions.
6) Recommends corrective action to quality problems.
7) Provides technical support and advises other engineering groups.
8) May work in any of the following areas of quality control/assurance engineering: design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control, product reliability, research and development and administrative application.
9) Ensures adherence to company policies, procedures, and related government regulations.
10) Under general supervision, possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to the completion of difficult assignments.
11) Applies advanced Quality Engineering theories, methods, and research techniques in the development, establishment, and maintenance of quality assurance/ control policies, procedures, and methods.
12) Leads project-wide system audits as directed by principal quality assurance engineer or program management.
13) Writes quality plans, procedures, and audit checklists.
14) Verifies quality standards and test procedures for the design and product evaluation to attain quality economically and efficiently.
15) Provides quality assurance support to ensure that products are acquired and installed in accordance with customer and company quality requirements.
16) Makes sure sampling plans, quality standards, and quality control instructions are utilized by manufacturing, test and inspection in assessing the quality levels of products and processes.
17) Provides recommendations concerning the disposition of defective materials and maintains a continuous awareness of quality problems.
18) May specialize in particular area of quality control engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control, product reliability, research and development, and administrative application.
Bachelors degree in a quality related or engineering field, and
Ten years’ experience in field of specialization
AWS CWI qualification with current certification preferred
Work experience in the establishment of inspection planning for the machining, welding, leak and pressure testing components and systems to ASME Section VIII or B31.3 applications.
Interpretation skills of Engineering drawings (schematics, P&IDs, etc.)
Experience in development and maintenance of inspection and test plans based on establish design requirements; evaluated inspection results; and as applicable participate in material review and nonconformance review and disposition actions.
Hand-on experience in preparation of Quality Packages for transmittal to DOE customers as objective evidence as to the completion of inspection actions to validate compliance with design requirements.
Familiarity and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat programs.
Ability to participates in project-wide system audits and surveillance, including supplier or subcontractor audits or surveillance to approved audit checklists and procedures.
Experience in code compliance inspections/assessments
Experience working at DOE facilities
Experience in commercial, industrial, and research environment a plus
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Quality Assurance / Quality Controls
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 209539BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.