AECOM Civil / Environmental Engineer II in Aiken, South Carolina
United States of America - South Carolina, Aiken
AECOM Technical Services is searching for an Civil/Environmental Engineer II at the Aiken, SC office. The incumbent will perform civil and environmental engineering assignments in planning, design, and permitting for waste management projects and systems. The engineer will serve on a design or project team, supporting complex assignments and leading other assignments.
1) Perform a range of design tasks, permitting analyses, and environmental/ waste management project assignments under some supervision.
2) Design a portion or section of a landfill or waste management system.
3) Generate sections of design specifications of more complex projects or complete specifications of less complex projects.
4) Prepare, deliver and submit technical presentations for design review meetings.
5) Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
6) Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
7) Conduct communication with customers at all levels from pricing to final design to construction oversight phases of projects.
8) Conduct site visits and investigate engineering issues, propose solutions, alternatives, and provide recommendations.
9) Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
10) Support business development activities including requests for information and proposals
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree in civil or environmental engineering and at least 1+ years of job-related experience or equivalent.
Good communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Position may require travel.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of the job, candidate must be US Citizen.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 204816BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.