AECOM Associate Director Mechanical Engineering in Wimbledon, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 145058BR
Position Title Associate Director Mechanical Engineering
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Business Line Building Engineering
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Surrey
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Director Mechanical Engineering to join our Building Services team in our Wimbledon office.
The office is a multidisciplinary office with staff covering Building Engineering, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Transportation, Water, Energy & Environmental consultancy. The Building Engineering team has a large team engineers whose projects cover education, health, commercial, industrial and local government, UK and international projects, with specific focus on New Build and large refurbishment of offices & residential, Data Centres, UK University Buildings and Arts. A large proportion of our projects are in excess of £35 million construction value.
The AD Mechanical Engineer will be involved all aspects of building environmental engineering including sketches, design, specifications and drawing production. The successful candidate will be working towards chartership, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. This role will suit someone with a mechanical engineering / building services degree, who is enthusiastic, self motivated, and looking to advance their career.
As Principal Mechanical Engineer you will effectively manage all aspects of project delivery from a commercial, managerial and technical perspective;
· Act as client liaison and mechanical engineering technical lead· Undertake project reviews and checking in accordance with QA procedures; define mechanical engineering strategies;· Undertake feasibility works across numerous project types;· Undertake line manager responsibility for a mechanical engineering team;· Prepare fee proposals for submission to clients, including resources and programme.
· Relevant experience in Mechanical Engineering design, including areas such as specification writing, calculations and system design.
· A track record of having worked on a variety of Building Services designs covering for example, Education, Healthcare and Commercial projects.
· Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.· A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a member of a professional Institution or close to achieving professional chartered status.
· Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, able to inspire, influence and negotiate
· Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
· Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients
· You would ideally be a Chartered Engineer with extensive experience in the Building Services consultancy industry
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.