AECOM Mechanic 2 in Wheeler, Hawaii
Requisition/Vacancy No. 157094BR
Position Title Mechanic 2
Job Category Logistics and Supply Chain
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Hawaii
City Wheeler AAF
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in.
AECOM has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanic 2 located at Wheeler AAF, HI. Aircraft Mechanics II must have a combination of experience to repair engines, sheet metal, and structural, hydraulic, electrical, power train and general mechanical maintenance of moderate difficulty, required to meet the assigned missions by the COR/PM. Additionally provides input to Maintenance Engineering Changes (MEC), Estimated Cost of Damage preparation (ECOD) and assist in the recommendation of changes to (MWO). Individuals must be able to prioritize workloads and are required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks. Mechanic IIs can inspect Mechanic IIs and Is. Advise team members and solve unusual maintenance problems by analysis and test engines, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical/electronic systems, etc. Acts as Special Maintenance Technical Advisor to the Site or Team Supervisor. Position reports to the Supervisor. Services, repairs and overhaul equipment and engines. Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds equipment and engine components, fuel systems (including cells, tanks and fuel/metering control systems), and functional components using hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills. Inspects and repairs power plants (engines) malfunctions, including cracked components, oil leaks, etc. Diagnoses malfunctions, isolate causes and correct breaks. Test engine operations, using testing equipment to locate source of malfunction. Replaces and repairs damaged components, uses hand tools, gauges, and tests equipment. Removes engine and major components from equipment, using hoist or other lifting devices. Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects. Repairs and replaces defective engine components and reassemble and install engine on weapon systems and vehicles. Adjusts, repairs, or replaces instruments, electrical/electronics, fuel/oil systems and accessories. May service engine components operations making repairs and overhaul, required to ensure safe operating condition. May specialize in repair and modification of engines, structural components, precision repair, functional spare parts, and assemblies. Recommends revisions to maintenance procedures to improve efficiency and ensure quality workmanship. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested for Army Aviation maintenance (UH-60 L, CH-47 and AH-64).
Candidates must apply online at www.aecom.com
For further information call Scotty Cain at 469-888-4418
• High school graduate or equivalent is desirable.
• Five (5) years actual and recent, vehicle or missile, or related weapon systems experience required.
• Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to weapon systems and vehicles.
• Must have knowledge of the scope and limitation of various categories of maintenance and their application to the contract unit.
• Must know theory and principles of engine operations; accessories and components; electrical and electronic; pneudraulic; and mechanical principles.
• Knowledge of sheet metal, properties of materials, fuels, and oils.
• Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring and schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
• Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
• Shall have the ability to troubleshoot and repair complex malfunctions and perform complex Organizational Level Maintenance actions in support of the assigned aircraft. Must possess a level of experience necessary to inspect all aircraft assigned, and possess one or more of the specialties of the assigned aircraft below:
• Propulsion/Engine/Rotor/Transmission/Drive and Fuel Systems
• Airframe/Structural, Landing Gear, Launch/Arresting, Wing/Pylon Fold, Hydraulic/Pneumatic, and mechanical Flight Control Systems
• Egress and/or Environmental Control Systems
• Aviation Life Support Systems (ALSS)
• Avionics Communication/Navigation/Identification/Electronic Countermeasures/RADAR and Weapon Control Systems
• Power Distribution/Electrical Power, Instruments, Compass, Automatic Flight Control and Lighting Systems
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.