AECOM Project Accountant in Wellington, New Zealand
Requisition/Vacancy No. 149913BR
Position Title Project Accountant
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Business Line Support/Cross Services
Country New Zealand
State/Province/Region NZ - Wellington
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM Shared Services
We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
You will be responsible for preparation of financial information relating to a portfolio of projects. This includes maintaining the financial system to accurately report project revenue recognition and meet financial reporting requirements for both internal project management and client reporting.
The Project Accountant will be working within AECOM’s newly launched Project Management system, which is used to manage their projects through the Project life cycle, and ensures accurate representation of the project within this new system. The Project Accountant will be a key role in ensuring the adaption to this new tool.
Key tasks include;
• Working closely with Project Managers, Business Managers and Finance Lead to keep them informed of the status of projects within the group, highlighting concerns and developing solutions for any issues which may arise.
• Assist in the preparation and monitoring of Estimates At Completion (EAC) and ensure EAC’s are completed for projects in accordance with SOX compliance.
• Lead/participate in monthly project health reviews highlighting, reporting and resolving financial issues.
• Assist with the development and coordination of project procedures to ensure the efficient cost control of projects, including the recording, controlling, forecasting and reporting of all financial matters.
We are seeking an experienced, Project Accountant who is able to demonstrate:
• Solid understanding of accounting concepts and knowledge of how project information relates to P&L reporting
• Competent in systems: Oracle, Project Management tools, MS office suite
• High level of financial/numeracy proficiency and understanding
• Ability to work autonomously and able to prioritise effectively and follow up
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Good analytical problem solving skills
Preferred Qualifications • Appropriate tertiary qualification
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.