AECOM Senior Architectural Revit Technician in Warrington, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151736BR
Position Title Senior Architectural Revit Technician
Job Category Engineering - Industrial
Business Line Energy
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Lancashire
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
A fantastic job opportunity exists for an Architectural Technician / Technologist from a commercial or industrial background to join our Warrington office.
You will join a busy design team whos varied workload currently includes nuclear, power and energy projects, defence, laboratories, industrial and blue light services projects. Projects in our nuclear sector division range from small refurbishments and new build projects through to extremely large and complex nuclear facilities. Our Warrington Office is fully multi-disciplinary, so this gives an opportunity to work closely with other disciplines.
As part of our Architectural Design team, your day to day work will include:
• Planning, designing and administering building projects for clients, applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials.
• Consulting with clients to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structures or renovations, and prepare information regarding design, specifications, materials, colour, equipment, estimated costs and construction time.
• Working on tender documentation and site stages.
• Capable of working independently to deliver multiple projects.
• Providing project management, liaising with architectural design team and client representatives as required
• Drafting and issuing architectural drawings and specifications
• Preparing and presenting technical design proposals using REVIT, AutoCAD , Navisworks and traditional methods
• Working on the detailed design process and co-ordinating detailed design information
• Preparing drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals
• You will hold a degree in a relevant subject, and will preferably be a Chartered Member of the Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT). We can assist non-members become members, and will reimburse membership costs. HNC and HND are also acceptable qualifications.
• Preferably, you will demonstrate a wide experience of design and project management within the regulated industries and have worked previously on process driven, highly serviced projects. Although, relevant experience in other sectors, i.e. healthcare, education , offices etc will also be considered
• You will also have knowledge and an understanding of the BIM approach to design and information production.
• You will be Proficient in Autocad (preferably at least V2014) and competent in Revit and Navisworks
• Due to the nature of the projects you will be involved in, you MUST be able to obtain UK baseline security clearance
• You will have a minimum of 5 years practical experience.
You will hold a degree in a relevant subject, and will preferably be a Chartered Member of the Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT). We can assist non-members become members, and will reimburse membership costs. HNC and HND are also acceptable qualifications
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.