AECOM Pipe Welder III in Waller, Texas
Business Line Oil + Gas
Position Title Pipe Welder III
United States of America - Texas
JW Williams, an AECOM company, is seeking a Pipe Welder III to be based in our Waller, Texas facility.
The JW Williams Shop lays out, fits, and fabricates metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, bridge parts, and pressure vessels, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Attention to detail and ability to make clean lines and cuts when welding
• Read and interpret blueprints; understand how the final product should look
• Identify flaws in welds or structural imperfections in the metal
• Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
• Conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
• Knowledge of the properties and characteristics of metals used for cutting, welding and forming objects and of various welding fluxes and rods.
• Knowledge of safety precautions related to occupational hazards, procedures and practices of the trade.
• Skilled in identifying the proper power and hand tools in the safest possible manner and various equipment.
Education: NoneExperience: Minimum of 1 year of related experience welding / fitting on pressure vesselsAbility to clear and pass an AWS/ ASME weld assessment in 3G Plate and 1GR pipe using GMAW and FCAW processes.Ability to work 6am -6pm (12) hour shifts, Monday through Friday and occasional Saturdays, up to 8 hrs as needed.
Intermediate Mathematics Skills preferred.
Working knowledge of welding symbols and blueprint reading skills.
Previous experience working with complicated welding tools like ox-fuel, plasma, mag-drills, chainsaws etc.
Proficient with torches and plasmas.
Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Able to maintain a minimum of NDE test of welds, be the first inspector of all welds 95% acceptability in performed.
•Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
•Must be able to clear a weld assessment screening.
•This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
•Relocation or per diem benefits are not available for this position.
• Night shift differential available
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Craft/Trade
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 162641BR