AECOM Aircraft Worker in Virginia Beach VA, Virginia
Business Line Government
Position Title Aircraft Worker
United States of America - Virginia
Virginia Beach VA
AECOM is immediately hiring F/A-18 Plane Captains in support of U.S. Navy Aircraft maintenance operations at NAS Oceana, VA. Must be able to work rotating shifts and travel for detachments. The Aircraft Workers will become Plane Captain certified IAW a Government approved certification process. They cross train to support both types of aircraft. The Aircraft Worker services aircraft, performing any combination of the following tasks: directs incoming and outgoing aircraft near terminal or flight line parking area to assist pilot's maneuvering of the aircraft on the ground, using hand or light signals, and secures aircraft in parking position with chocks and tie downs. Additionally, Workers do the following tasks: aircraft flight line servicing, operates service vehicles to replenish fuel and oil, perform pre-flight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, enters on the maintenance records description of the servicing performed, checks for fuel contamination by draining sumps and fuel drains; operates ground support equipment such as electrical power supply, tow tractors, and engine starting units, examines tires for specified air pressure and condition, assists in towing aircraft and cleans exterior and interior of aircraft, hanger deck periodic housekeeping and fluid spills using portable platform ladders, brushes, rags, water hose, cleaning compound applicator and mobile vacuum. The Aircraft Worker could perform this work up to 7 days and 40 hours a week and overtime depending on operational tempo.
Will be required to pass and maintain a U.S. Government background security check as well as favorable fingerprints in EQIP. May be required to complete a SF-85/86 in EQIP as required to maintain possession of a CAC card. Unfavorable background check may result in termination if determination is made you are not eligible for a CAC card.
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume directly online at www.aecom.com
For further information call Scotty Cain at 469-888-4418
• Shift work and detachment are required.
• High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum two (2) years actual and recent organizational level aircraft maintenance experience desired.
• Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license.
• Prior experience with U.S. Navy aviation experience on F/A-18 aircraft highly preferred.
• Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
• Work is performed primarily outdoors under all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noise and exhaust fumes.
• Ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Should be a self-motivator and work with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• There is a great deal of standing, climbing, bending and stooping.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Maintenance
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161048BR