AECOM Mechanic 2/ AGM Mech 2's in Tinker, Oklahoma
Requisition/Vacancy No. 144984BR
Position Title Mechanic 2/ AGM Mech 2's
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Oklahoma
City Tinker AFB
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in.
AECOM is immediately hiring qualified Aircraft Mechanic 2 General Mechanic (AGM’s) in support of U.S Air Force Contract Field Teams (CFT) maintenance operations on KC-135,B-52,B-1,E-3,E-6,KC-10,C-130 Aircraft at Tinker AFB, OK. The objective of this contract is to provide highly skilled and qualified technicians to perform Programmed Depot Maintenance (PDM), Unscheduled Depot Level Maintenance (UDLM), Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs), one-time and phase inspections, removal, installation and repair, aircraft and equipment maintenance functions necessary to support the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex (OC-ALC). Performs requirements in accordance with the procedures established in the PWS. Diagnosis and corrects actions, disassembles, inspects, evaluates and accomplishes necessary repairs. Lays out work according to technical instructions and technical directives. Determines what repairs, modifications, and part replacements are required. May be required to verify work performed by another for which he/she is qualified to perform.
Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft propulsion and propulsion components of moderate difficulty.
Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to engines, fuel systems, and mechanical components. Applies technical knowledge of power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and
applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufactures’ manuals. Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects. Inspect the aircraft to certify that all maintenance performed by the team is correct and complete.
To be considered candidates must apply online at www.aecom.com
For further information call Scotty Cain at 469-888-4418
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. Five (5) years actual and recent aircraft organizational level experience required.
• Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to aircraft power plant and related systems.
• Must know theory and principles of engine operations; accessories and components; theory of flight; rigging of engine flight controls; engine electrical interface and mechanical principles.
• Read, interpret and use manufacturers and aircraft maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring/schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
• Must have the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance and meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned task. Interim security clearance is acceptable.
• Work is performed in a shop environment, aircraft hangars, flight line, and shipboard that are moderately lighted, heated and ventilated to extreme weather conditions outside, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts, sweepers, tow vehicles, and aircraft.
• May be required to work in areas that are noisy, dusty, and dirty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell.
• Frequently lifts items weighing 40-45 pounds and occasionally in excess of 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock.
• The noise level in the work environment, hangars, flight line, and shipboard flight deck is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues.
• The employee will be required to use Fall Protection equipment with PPE.
Preferred Qualifications N/A
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.