AECOM Principal Engineer - Renewable Energy in Sydney, Australia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 148822BR
Position Title Principal Engineer - Renewable Energy
Job Category Engineering - Power
Business Line Energy
State/Province/Region AU - New South Wales
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
AECOM’s Power Generation & Industrial business in Australia is seeking to expand its strong renewable energy team in Sydney. We are looking for an experienced renewables engineer who has a passion for technical excellence and enjoys the challenge of delivering multi-faceted energy projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be actively involved in an innovative and highly motivated team of energy professionals currently delivering landmark utility scale solar and wind projects throughout Australia and internationally.
As Principal Renewables Engineer, you will be responsible for technical leadership and management of these projects. To be successful in this role you will have the following key attributes:
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the planning and delivery of large scale renewable generation projects in Australia or overseas.
· Analytical experience including energy generation and financial modelling.
· Technical engineering capability that is able to be applied in the wind, solar and energy storage projects
· Knowledge that is current in regards technical trends and equipment within the sector
· Be versatile and potentially undertake a variety of roles including technical advisor, design engineer, Owner’s Engineer and design manager
· Provide key support to the broader renewables team in delivering high quality on time technical services
· Ability to establish and maintain client working relationships
· Bachelor’s degree qualified engineer.
· Professional services experience, post-graduate qualifications, CPEng/RPEQ all desirable, but not essential.
· 10 years’ post graduate experience is considered the minimum for the role, not less than 5 years working in the renewable energy sector
· Bachelor’s degree qualified engineer.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.