AECOM OLE Engineer in Swindon, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 148987BR
Position Title OLE Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Business Line Transportation
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Wiltshire
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Aecom is currently recruiting for a OLE Engineer to join our well established S&C Alliance Design team; this role will be based in the Aecom Swindon office.
This is a full time permanent position offering a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits.
Undertake design, supervision and management of a wide range of overhead line electrification projects. Manage small to medium sized OLE and associated projects
Reports to Design Manager in the S&C South Alliance. The post is located in Swindon
SUMMARY OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Carry out outline design, detailed design and supervision of a wide variety of OLE projects
• Prepare reports and similar documentation
• Direct the preparation of drawings for outline and detailed design
• Undertake site visits and site surveys
• Manage small to medium single discipline projects as a Lead Engineer
• Work effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary project teams
• Operate within quality standards and procedures
• Assist in the preparation of bids and tender submissions
• Display understanding of budgets and programmes and operate within them
• Maintain, prospect for and develop client relationships
• Work effectively to maximise efficiency and sold time
• Implement work programmes
•-Manage time and resources effectively
• Report outcome of work promptly and effectively
• Delegate effectively and demonstrate accountability
• Manage personal performance within a team
• Assist in the development of professionally based client relationships
• Contribute to the development of professional standards
• Display creativity and problem solving ability in approach to projects and tasks
• Develop knowledge and skills through CPD
• Seek and accept appropriate levels of responsibility
• Display a positive attitude in performance of tasks
• Develop a presence in the organisation and the professional, business and social environments
• Demonstrate a continuing commitment to CPD
Design experience in OLE including specification, site working and/or construction and maintenance.
Clear understanding of OLE design issues, experienced in allocation design, understanding of the requirements of basic and system design
It is unlikely that that those with fewer than 5 years’ experience in this area will have sufficient knowledge and skills to work at this level.
Technical – good understanding of the engineering issues associated with the discipline
Communication – ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences using appropriate resources, especially written and oral
Self-motivation – able to display enthusiasm and remain positive
Ability to operate effectively under pressure
Team work – ability to work effectively on own initiative or as part of a team
Computer literate – good working knowledge of Microsoft Office & CAD
Self-presentation – demonstrate an appropriate professional image
Assertiveness – ability to address issues confidently
Planning and organising – ability to plan and organise activities effectively
Decision making – ability to demonstrate effective and timely decision making
Time management – ability to deliver results within specified guidelines
Technical & Professional
• Develops body of knowledge and skills relevant to work and role requirements
• Actively seeks self-development opportunities and contributes to the wider body of knowledge in URS Scott Wilson
• Applies body of knowledge and skills to role
• Ensures contribution is in line with business direction and professional excellence
Commercial & Business
• Understands the importance of clients to URS Scott Wilson’s business
• Acts to satisfy client and business expectations
• Understands the business environment in which the company operates
• Considers the wider financial and wider commercial implications of his/her actions
Operational & Interpersonal
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Structures and prioritises work effectively
• Identifies core of a problem, generates and implements practical solutions
• Develops strong working relations inside and outside the team to achieve common goals
• Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results
• Understands how his/her role contributes to URS Scott Wilson’s success; actions demonstrate this understanding
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
All employees are responsible for: -
• Taking reasonable care of their own health and safety and of anyone else who could be affected by their acts or omissions.
• Correctly using the work items provided, including personal protective equipment in accordance with training and instruction.
• Giving full co-operation in all matters relating to health and safety.
• Compliance with the Company’s Drugs and Alcohol Policy.
• Observing the requirements of the Health and Safety Policy as contained in the Health and Safety Manual.
• Making appropriate use of any other documentation produced related to health & safety.
• Seeking advice from Divisional H&S Managers and the Group H&S Advisor as appropriate.
• Taking a constructive and informed view on H&S training and continuing development
• Taking an active part in team briefings through sharing relevant health & safety information with others.
• Reporting on unforeseen risks that may emerge during the course of their work.
• Being aware that some common work situations can be made more hazardous through working alone.
• Chartered / Incorporated Engineer (preferred)
• MEng, BEng or BSc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent (preferred)
• HND Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (minimum) or equivalent
• Member of IET or IMechE desirable
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.