AECOM Regional MEICA Team Leader in St Albans, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 148225BR
Position Title Regional MEICA Team Leader
Job Category Engineering - Water / Wastewater
Business Line Water
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Hertfordshire
City St Albans
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to lead and develop our growing MEICA design team in the South East of the United Kingdom. Based either in our St. Albans or Croydon office you will be responsible for managing teams in multiple offices across the region. In this role you will;
• Lead and develop MEICA teams spread across several AECOM offices in the South East, and seconded into Client organisations.
• Supervise staff undertaking feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs and preparing reports and technical specifications.
• Ensure appropriate level of resources in place to deliver projects to plan, including identifying recruitment needs and taking part in interviews/decision making on hires.
• Deal will diverse Client organisations including Water Companies, Contractors and Government Agencies at all levels.
• Support business development and growth opportunities, including preparing or contributing to tender proposals, marketing material and client relationship development.
• Ensure compliance with all company procedures, particularly those associated with quality, risk, financial management and AECOM core values.
• Promote and ensure compliance with both worker & workplace and project health & safety and ensure that staff are competent to carry out their duties safely.
• In conjunction with the Operations Directors, lead local initiatives which are directed towards maximising staff development, morale and performance.
• BSc, BEng or MEng in MEICA related discipline.
• Chartered Member of relevant Institution.
• Experience in managing all stages of multi-disciplinary projects from proposals and initial studies through to full design and construction management.
• Experience in leading design teams.
• Experience of medium to large water related infrastructure and/or non-infrastructure projects.
• Excellent communication skills and able to represent AECOM in Client facing roles at all levels.
• Accustomed to working at the highest levels of HSSE compliance at all design stages.
• HAZOP, HAZID, DSEAR and SWIFT processes.
• Design works related to deep shafts and tunnels.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.