AECOM Project Administrator in St Albans, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 148200BR
Position Title Project Administrator
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Business Line Building Engineering
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Hertfordshire
City St Albans
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Administrator to support our Building Engineering team with operational and financial activities; you will be based in our St. Albans office.
As a Project Administrator you will have the following responsibilities:
• Pull together a monthly business unit dashboard around key metrics under People, Clients, and Excellence etc.
• Be the systems expert/go to person in the team on Salesforce, ABC, APIC, ePMP and help the team embed new systems.
• Coordinate, chair and report on - loss making client and project reviews with Project Managers and Project Directors.
• Ensure adherence and service quality to APIC and ePMP – Project Directors, Project Managers. Support with Audit preparation and compliance.
• Timecard training and compliance.
• Attend APIC reviews.
• Record agreed actions and follow up with PMs.
• Provide overflow Deputy Project Management resource when required.
• Attend debt calls and help drive closure of debt issues.
• Analysis of non-fee earning time and expenses and remedial action as appropriate.
• Coordinate and analyse monthly project WIP and accruals figures supplied by Project Managers and challenge where appropriate.
• Drive compliance with SH&E requirements, and coordinate the Business Unit’s H&S activity.
• Maintain file of project Risk Assessments, CSCS register, PPE Register and update equipment stocks.
• Coordinate training needs and maintain the training register as required.
• Liaise with HR to make sure the performance management process runs smoothly including assisting with scheduling reviews; tracking to ensure target timescales are achieved.
• Make sure the annual leave register maintained for business line to help ensure holidays are not back end loaded (spread them over the year).
• Ensure bi-weekly calls are taking place across the BU to maximise utilisation regarding resource and work planning.
Also you will be tasked with managing and direct more junior PMA's.
• Candidates should have 10 years proven experience in a similar role, ideally within a Consulting environment.
• Systems experience on SalesForce and Oracle.
• Experience of supporting fee earning consulting, legal or project based teams.
• Good analytical & problem solving skills essential.
• Must be pro-active and demonstrate ability to see things through to the end.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to be resourceful, hands on and work both independently and as part of high-performing team
• Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple duties in a fast-paced environment.
• Works independently as well as part of a team; willingness to work with multiple different colleagues on a variety of initiatives
• Ability to take initiative and ownership.
• Some flexibility to work outside normal working hours to meet deadlines.
Solid experience supporting the financial and Administration aspect of Commercial projects.
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with Maths and English at Grade C or above.
• A-Level/Degree education would be preferred but not essential.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.