AECOM Principal/Senior Transport Planning Consultant in St Albans, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 156486BR
Position Title Principal/Senior Transport Planning Consultant
Job Category Planning
Business Line Transportation
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Hertfordshire
City St Albans
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM are currently expanding their Urban Space team in our St. Albans office following several majorprojectwins. This is an exciting opportunity to join an accomplished team and work on a range of projects for a wide variety of clients. Within AECOM there is a real opportunity for personal growth and to progress your career as you develop professionally. You will work within a positive culture where learning and developmentisactively supported and promoted. AECOM has a wide range of multi-disciplinary teams and a global reach and diversified market penetration, through which it is associated with some very prestigious projects of globalacclaim, such as London 2012, Glasgow 2014, Rio 2016, Qatar 2022, HS2 etc.
St Albans is conveniently located just 20 minutes from London St Pancras and a short hop off of the M1 and M25 motorways. Our large office is situated just a few minutes’ walk from the Station and the historic city centre which boasts a fantasticrange of eating and drinking establishments alongside many small independent shops amongst the high street stores.
Our clients include national and local transport authorities such as the UK Department forTransport and Transport for London, major sporting organisations such as the London Olympic Delivery Authority, private developers of land and transport facilities as well as overseas institutions such as the European Commission. We develop and use some of the most sophisticated transport modelling techniques, applying a range of specialist software.
Our St. Albans team has a vacancy for a Principal/Senior Consultant with experience of traffic and transport modelling to join our leading transport planning consultancy. Reporting to an Associate Director you will take on a key role within the team through winning and delivering work and providing leadership and technical advice within the traffic modelling arena.
The successful candidate will be joining a growing team that is actively involved in the delivery of projects and services to a range of both local and national clients including:
• Transport for London (TfL);
• Highways England;
• London Boroughs such us Ealing, Sutton, and Wandsworth
• Leicestershire County Council
The Urban Space team is expanding to meet the demands of our wide portfolio of clients – from both within the UK and overseas. This role has been created to meet existing demand and is intended to grow over time, offering unlimited career progression potential for the right person.
• The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in transport planning across several areas, including strong micro-simulation modelling experience.
• The candidate is expected to have good knowledge on junction modelling,and should havehandson experience on using the relevant software packages.
• The successful applicant will also be familiar with TfL’s VMAP / TMAP processes,and will have in-depth knowledge of traffic signals coding and the optimisation processes.
• Knowledge and understanding of strategic modelling technique and use of relevant strategic modelling software is desirable.
• We are seeking someone able to manage junior technical staff, undertake project management tasks and communicate clearly with other disciplines and clients on a regular basis.
• Significant experience in VISSIMmicro-simulationmodelling;
• Significant experience of the application of LINSIG and TRANSYT modelling, preferably for a wide signalised network, within an urban environment;
• Experience of working to TfL’s Model Audit Process (MAP);
• Experience of identifying, bidding and winning new work and clients;
• In depth knowledge of UK transport policies,organization and governance;
• Good motivational skills, influencing, people management and delegation skills; and
• Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
• Relevant BSc/MSc/BEng Civil Engineering/Transport Planning degree
• Post-graduate qualifications an advantage
• Membership of relevant Transport Planning or Engineering organization (e.g. CIHT)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.