AECOM Principal Transport Consultant in St Albans, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Principal Transport Consultant
United Kingdom - Hertfordshire
What we do:
“One of the really great things I enjoy working with AECOM is that in my daily work I encounter a wide range of problems, and am given the freedom to experiment and innovate to find a solution. I feel that I am making a difference.”
This is what we do in the Highway & Multi Modal team. In the spirit of AECOM trying to ‘deliver a better world’ we are trying to improve the transport of today for a better tomorrow. Whether we are assessing the impact of town development on a transport network or identifying synergies and inter-dependencies between schemes; we are working collaboratively with the rest of our 100+ transport planning colleagues across the South East and the rest of the teams in the UK and AECOM to create innovative solutions to the problems our clients are having.
• A strong team of experts to work with and learn from
• A variety of different teams and opportunities within AECOM for whatever career pathway you want to take
• Exciting projects (some not so exciting, let’s be honest) to work on ranging from local, national and international problems to solve to keep you busy
• A flexible working policy – work/life balance is the key! We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns.
• Dedicated mentors to help support you in your future training
• A comprehensive internal training programme to teach you what you may want to learn but haven’t had the chance to yet
• As a Principal Consultant you will be expected a manage small team, impart your wisdom and support and mentor this team effectively
• You must be able to handle the project management of medium size projects and produce competitive proposals to help keep the team busy and happy
• Go out and meet clients and tell them honestly how great AECOM are and how we can support them, solve their problems and deliver their projects successfully, within budget
• Manage said budget.
• You will have an analytical mind and background – you want to know the why’s and wherefores of things – especially if they transport related;
• You will have knowledge and experience in transport modelling and forecasting and experience in appraisal and evaluation of transport proposals;
• You have used and have great knowledge of simulation software packages e.g. SATURN, PARAMICS, CUBE, EMME, VISSIM, TUBA and spreadsheet modelling to name a few;
• You are good at managing your time to ensure you meet those pesky deadlines;
• You need to have strong technical and report writing skills;
• And you should be able to explain technical concepts to others, especially our graduates and anyone else who may ask…
It would be great if you had:
• Membership or working towards membership of a chartered professional institution such as CIHT, TPS, CILT or ICE
• A Master’s degree or PhD in Transport Planning or related subject/social based discipline
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Planning
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161676BR