AECOM Principal Hydraulic Modeller in St Albans, United Kingdom
Business Line Water
Position Title Principal Hydraulic Modeller
United Kingdom - Hertfordshire
We have an excellent opportunity for a Principal Hydraulic Modeller to join our Water Resources Team in St. Albans. The role will be primarily to carry out and manage wastewater hydraulic modelling, but will also include supporting clean water modelling activities in the office and the wider Water Resources Team. Our clients include local and national government, water companies and overseas Clients. In this role you will;
• Undertake and supervise wastewater modelling activities at all project stages including feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs and preparing reports and technical specifications
• Lead multi-discipline project teams on hydraulic design projects
• Prepare tenders and proposals
• Line manage junior modelling and water resource staff
• Support and coordinate clean water modelling projects
• Work with the Water Resource Team Leader to support local initiatives directed towards maximising staff development and performance.
• Promote and ensure compliance with regard to both worker & workplace and project health & safety and ensure that staff are competent to carry out their duties safely.
• Support client development and growth opportunities
• Degree in a Water Resources, Environmental or Civil Engineering, or related discipline
• Member or close to membership of relevant professional institution
• Excellent knowledge of drainage networks, and experienced in modelling for engineering design of wastewater and storm water networks
• Experienced in InfoWorks ICM
• Experienced in the use of GIS (MapInfo and\or ArcGIS).
• Able to independently manage projects to deliver on time and budget, to the right quality.
• Experience in leading junior staff from a variety of professional backgrounds.
• Excellent communication skills and be able to represent AECOM in Client facing roles at all levels.
• Experience of clean water/pressurized pipe modelling
• Understanding of CFD modelling and pipeline durability design
• Experience and understanding of other 1D and 2D modelling techniques and packages such as such as Floodmodeller, TuFLOW, WinDes, and hydrological assessment techniques.
• Experience in Drainage Area Plans, Flood Risk Management studies including feasibility assessments.
• Experienced and understanding of drainage modelling and integrating this with more traditional fluvial/pluvial models.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Water / Wastewater
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163378BR