AECOM GIS Water Analyst in St Albans, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 143822BR
Position Title GIS Water Analyst
Job Category Engineering - Water / Wastewater
Business Line Water
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Hertfordshire
City St Albans
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
AECOM is a leading provider of professional and technical support to the water industry, local government and private developers.
We are looking for talented Engineers with proven analytical and/or GIS technical capabilities to join our water team.
Based in Leeds, St Albans or Exeter these roles will initially be part of a team working as part of a consortium led by our technology partner SEAMS, along with CGI, Sweco and AMCL. The Consortium has been appointed to enhance Yorkshire Water’s asset management processes and support systems, and create a bespoke Decision Making Framework (DMF) platform to ensure the organisation is best-placed to meet future demand. These new processes and systems will support the complex analysis necessary to optimise multi-billion pound investments in assets and operations across Yorkshire Water, providing the best outcomes for customers and the environment.
Typical duties will include
• Carrying out reviews of data, models and systems
• Conceptual and detailed design of asset deterioration and cost models
• Undertaking data analysis, model building, preparing functional specifications and assisting with project delivery
• Support to the full project cycle, working closely with wider team to provide technical input and support
• Representing the Consortium in technical meetings with Yorkshire Water and working with other consortium members to ensure integration of the solution into the business
• Technical checking of others’ work
• Ensuring that all technical documents and data are prepared and structured in accordance with relevant standards and legislation..
• Excellent report writing, communication and teamwork skills.
• Confidence and experience of meeting with internal and external clients
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Ability to manage your work to programme, cost and quality requirements.
• Knowledge of standard analytical techniques
• Ability to extract, transform, validate and clean data for analysis
• Ability to identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, etc.)
• For GIS – ability to develop spatial relationships between multiple data sources
• Willingness to travel to meet the needs of specific projects is desirable
• Some level of commercial awareness.
Additionally, the following attributes are desirable,
• Experience in scripting with R
• Experience in scripting with Python
• Familiarity with water company business planning requirements
• Business process modelling
• Experience with SEAMS WiLCO modelling platform
• For GIS – experience with ESRI technology stack
Degree or higher qualification in a relevant subject
Asset management experience and/or qualifications
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.