AECOM Finance Administrator in St. Albans, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151181BR
Position Title Finance Administrator
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Business Line Support/Cross Services
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Hertfordshire
City St. Albans
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM Shared Services
We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Administrator within the Hire to Retire (H2R) section of the Global Business Services Group (GBS), based in our busy, centrally located, St Albans office.
This role covers three main areas with the Oracle accounting system as follows:
• Data Processing for Europe:
• Maintain cost information for staff.
• Creation of User Account’s within Oracle
• Updating staff records on an ongoing basis.
• Updating approval limits
OTL (Time sheet system) for Africa, India & Europe:
• Co-ordinating time sheet processing to meet weekly payroll deadlines
• Data entry
• Corrections to time sheet postings
• Adjustments to electronic approval workflows / hierarchies
Theoretical Payroll (Africa, India, Europe & Middle East)
• Input of adjustments / corrections to payroll costs
• Processing payrolls weekly, to generate costs within Project & General Ledgers
Other duties will include
• Logging issues with the AIMS helpdesk in LA
• Testing fixes to issues prior to go-live in the Production instance
• Reconciliation of T/S Contractors costs to AP Invoices (Europe)
• Production of reports as required
• The ideal candidate will have an understanding of or experience of time sheet / payroll systems.
• Previous experience of Job Costing systems or of Oracle would be an advantage
• Applicant needs to have a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel and be quick to learn new software products.
• Accuracy & attention to detail is crucial.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
• A flexible approach to working hours is needed.
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent as a minimum with Maths and English at Grade C or above.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.