AECOM Associate Electrical Director in St Albans, United Kingdom
Business Line Building Engineering
Position Title Associate Electrical Director
United Kingdom - Hertfordshire
Our Building Services team are seeking an Electrical Associate Director to join the Building Engineering team to lead the design of a number of London & Overseas projects, to be based in our St Albans office.
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic self-motivated person who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and who wants to make a difference in the electrical field of building services as well as being involved with all other disciplines. We are specifically looking to appoint an Associate Director who has knowledge and experience in relevant areas, is familiar working closely with clients and bidding winning and delivering major London, European & Worldwide projects.
About the Office & team:
The St. Albans office has an established track record of successfully delivering local and overseas projects. St. Albans is a historic market town in Hertfordshire with excellent transport links, and is only 20 minutes from Central London by train. Our modern office is the largest building engineering hub in the UK for AECOM totalling over 400 people nationwide. Due to recent project wins we are looking to enhance and grow the Buildings team with individuals with a strong technical background that share our enthusiasm and determination.
The mechanical and electrical engineers we have in our St Albans team specialise in Commercial, healthcare, education, sports, and leisure. We are market leaders on large international projects, as well as working closely with the local community.
• To act as design team leader for projects, from feasibility through to operational phase for Building Services Projects.
• To manage a team of engineers, specialists and coordinate and support the management team.
• To prepare and present designs, reports and specifications.
• To manage the design and construction stage activities with both external and internal teams.
• Contribute to the update of AECOM standards.
• Be competent to review & approve electrical engineering calculations (Amtech, Dialux, Hevacomp).
• To negotiate additional fees and change control.
• To act as the main point of contact with Clients.
• To act as project manager for the AECOM/Client contract, managing fee expenditure and program.
• To act as a mentor to junior staff, promoting CPD activities.
• To write fee proposals, manage & build client and architect relationships, and win work
• As required, to represent AECOM on industry committees and to present at conferences.
• To maintain and enhance expertise within the team and as an individual.
• To support and lead our 3D and BIM capabilities.
• A highly motivated individual with excellent technical understanding of electrical building services for the different sectors along with a good overview of the other disciplines in building services
• Significant track record of leading multi-disciplinary design teams.
• Experience in project and client management within a defined fee budget and program.
• Relevant experience in Electrical Engineering design, including areas such as specification writing, calculations, and developing designs from first principles including low voltage distribution, lighting etc and conversant with UK codes and practices and ideally experience of overseas codes and practices.
• Experience in identifying and winning new work and building client relationships.
• Ability to speak fluently and communicate effectively in written reports and oral presentations.
• Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
• Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
• Degree educated in electrical or building services engineering or related discipline, ideally Chartered or at least with qualifications leading to this.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151904BR