AECOM Administrator in St Albans, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 155770BR
Position Title Administrator
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Business Line Transportation
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Hertfordshire
City St Albans
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Administrator to join our busy multi-disciplinary office in our centrally located St Albans office. You will be primarily supporting our busy Transportation business lines which are currently working on some high profile projects.
As an Administrator you will have the following responsibilities:
• Answering phones for directors and taking messages.
• Making travel arrangements.
• Organising internal and external meetings including meeting room bookings, organising refreshments and required facilities.
• Typing letters, minutes of meetings, formatting reports, booking conferences and training.
• Assisting in preparation of bid documents.
• Timesheet recording/chasing for team.
• Ordering PPE and checking/maintaining stock.
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post. Archiving and updating the database.
• Ordering stationery, arranging couriers, scanning and photocopying.
• Updating staff training records.
• Occasional cover for reception team.
• Workstation Desk Assessment Assessor.
• Inducting new starters.
• Maintaining CSCS card records and ensuring new staff undertake the relevant training.
• Work experience coordination.
• Responsible for pool laptops, logging in/out.
• Raising Purchase Orders and arranging payment of invoices.
• Dictation over the phone from a homeworker.
• Updating structure charts.
To be successful in this role we're looking for candidates with the following;
• Experience working as an administrator/support staff/secretary/project support etc.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to liaise with internal and external clients.
• Organised and effective with high attention to detail.
• Ability to use discretion and judgement when dealing with confidential matters.
Educated to GCSE/Standard level or equivalent with Maths and English at Grade C or above.
Excellent ICT skills - MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Professional.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.