AECOM Instrumentation & Survey Engineer in Silchar, India
Requisition/Vacancy No. 144028BR
Position Title Instrumentation & Survey Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Geotechnical
Business Line Geotechnical
State/Province/Region IN - Assam
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We offer a full range of geotechnical services to clients in both the public and private sectors across Asia. Over 400 professional and technical staff provide one-stop access to services ranging from project management, feasibility studies, detailed design, contract administration and construction supervision for geotechnical works.
AECOM is currently working on a number of tunnelling assignments in India, including:
Detailed design consultancy, 3-D monitoring and construction supervision for tunnels T3, T4, T5 & T6 in connection with construction of Sivok (West Bengal) to Rangpo (Sikkim) New Rail Link Project, India
Detailed design and construction supervision of tunnels T1, T12 to T27 in connection with Jiribam – Tupul New Railway Line Project in the State of Manipur, India.
These assignments encompass a total of 21 tunnels stretching over 130 kilometers and with 42 portals located in geotechnically challenging locations.
AECOM’s scope of work includes:
• Design of tunnels, including emergency escape arrangements and portal slopes
• Design support during construction
• Environmental impact and management planning
• Construction supervision, including 3-D monitoring
Both projects provide sustainable transport solutions to the hill communities and will rejuvenate the economic development and prosperity of the region.
AECOM is seeking a instrumentation engineer to be based at site location i.e, Manipur, India. The responsibilities of this role would include -
• Planning & design of Geotechnical instruments for Underground Stations/Tunnels.
• Providing input to the ongoing process of design and verification during construction.
• Compiles and reviews daily (and any additional) instrumentation monitoring reports prepared by the contractor for completeness and compliance with the Contract requirements and Construction Management Procedures (CMPs) requirements.
• Reviews and provides comments on into the contractor's submitted detailed Monitoring Plan, any subsequent modifications to the plan, and other instrumentation and monitoring-related submittals as required.
• Conducts surveillances of the work, monitors the implementation of the contractor's instrumentation monitoring program.
• Co-ordinate for Conducting DCPT, LCPT and SPT tests using geotool and finally interpreting the data and presenting it in the form of a report.
• Co-ordinate for grouting works such as TAM Grouting, JET grouting, PU Grouting etc. along the Tunnel Alignment for Soil Strengthening based on analysis report.
• Liaise with Client, General Consultant, Design Consultant and Tunnel Consultants in effective execution of Pre and Post Building Condition Survey, Instrumentation works, Bore well works, Repairing works and Grouting works.
Graduate In civil engineering
15+ years of total experience , out of which 10 years of experience in NATM tunnelling is mandatory
Preferred Qualifications Excellent communication skills
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.