AECOM UAS Pilot (Commercial) in San Francisco, California
Business Line Government
Position Title UAS Pilot (Commercial)
United States of America - California
Purpose and Scope:
Functioning as a member of an Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Team, the UAS Pilot is responsible for providing UAS services to meet a variety of commercial client requirements.
1) Pilot small UAS, specifically SkyCatch and DJI systems
2) Provide instructions to other UAS pilots on SkyCatch and DJI systems
3) Plan, manage, and supervise projects that require data acquisition from a variety of UAS, to include VTOL and Fixed Wing systems that carry a variety of sensor packages.
4) Apply knowledge of UAS regulatory environment, wavier approval process, and ability to research and verify foreign nation requirements to support regulatory compliant UAS operations.
5) Perform Analysis of Alternatives in accordance with AECOM UAS standards and develop/write proposals, operations plans, and safety plans.
6) Develop Request for Quotes (RFQs) for both small and large projects that could be conducted anywhere in the world.
7) Supervise and manage UAS data processing by managing data from a variety of sensors and projects and assessing the quality of that data to meet client needs.
8) Engage clients and present briefings on AECOM UAS capabilities.
9) Routinely travel and work in austere and rugged field conditions employing UAS and or supervising the employment of UAS.
10) Provide other related services as requested.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Associates Degree or equivalent combination of academic/technical or military training and 2 years commercial UAS experience involving hands-on piloting to support commercial projects. Possess FAA (Part 107) small UAS Pilot certification. Experience with SkyCatch and/or DJI UAS is desired. Knowledge of FAA rules and regulations regarding UAS flight operations. Knowledgeable of data processing tools such as Pix4D and Autodesk used to support UAS data processing into suitable products. Willing and able to travel on short notice to locations both in and outside the United States. Physically capable of travelling on foot while carrying at least 50 pounds of equipment over rugged terrain. Possess a current, valid passport. Must possess a current valid, state issued drivers’ license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office or operations center environment with no unusual hazard, occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of sight abilities while flying, and reviewing documents. Constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness. Must possess planning/organizational skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Must be able to work non-traditional work shifts or schedules as required. Occasional travel may be required, including assignments lasting several weeks.
• Experience evaluating a commercial company’s ability to safely employ UAS on projects.
• Experience evaluating various sensor outputs to include thermal, hyperspectral, multi-spectral, photogrammetry, and LiDAR.
• Familiar with GIS processes—i.e. surveying equipment and techniques.
• Instructor experience with SkyCatch or DJI UAS.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Transportation Operations Management / Traffic Monitoring
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163551BR