AECOM Senior Automation Engineer in Richmond, Kentucky
Business Line Government
Position Title Senior Automation Engineer
United States of America - Kentucky
AECOM is seeking a Senior Automation Systems Engineer for the Bluegrass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Pant project located in Richmond, KY.
Typical Responsibilities Include
• Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
• Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
• May be required to work overtime or varying hours.
• Required to be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
• Work in close proximity to and or in a chemical demilitarization facility.
• May be asked function as a temporary Lead.
• Under limited supervision, conducts work requiring independent evaluation, selection, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
• Work may include technical responsibility for a major control system phase or functional area of a project. Typically, at this level, there is specialization in a functional area (robotics, conveyors, automated etc.).
• Directs and prioritizes work assignments of the Automation Specialists
• Provide reports and updates to management on the status of control system implementation and operation.
• Responsible for the analysis, implementation, evaluation, and modification of the system(s) used to control and monitor the processes within the demilitarization facility.
• Responsible for providing DCS programming and hardware support to the systemization teams during the testing of plant operations of plant equipment.
• Implement new control software and modify existing code utilizing approved demilitarization coding procedures.
• Perform analysis, evaluation, and modifications to all DCS processes control systems software as required to support systemization testing activities and normal operation.
• Ability to communicate with systems engineers and operators to determine process control software functional specifications.
• Maintain configuration management and programming documentation in accordance with required project procedures.
• Perform troubleshooting of DCS and associated control system hardware in upset conditions.
• Perform tuning of control loops via the process control software utilizing systems analysis techniques.
• Ability to communicate to management personnel DCS equipment / system upset conditions, and make recommendations for restoring the equipment / system to normal operation.
• Monitor Vendor installation of PLC's and control system to assure technical feasibility and adequacy.
• Assist with the preparation and execution of test plans and procedures for the process control system.
• Develop and/or review all standard operating and maintenance procedures associated with the process control system.
Relocation is provided with position
BGCAPP is subject to Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety Program and AR190-59 Unescorted Access Program) which govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Eligibility to be placed in a CPRP or UAP position requires US citizenship. Employees must favorably complete a series of screenings to include but not limited to: A National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) security investigation, drug/alcohol testing and medical examination.
All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. Respiratory screening and the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) may be required for this position. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the Blue Grass Army Depot is required.
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or a related field and 12 years’ electrical engineering or automation experience
Associate degree in electrical engineering or a related field and 16 years’ electrical engineering or automation experience
High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent and 20 years’ electrical engineering or automation experience
Must be a United States or naturalized citizen able to obtain and maintain Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) site access.
Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment.
Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, to include any depot or BGCAPP drill, contingency and/or emergency requirement
Must be able to solve complex problems and understand the impact of decisions upon the operation of the facility.
Have knowledge and understanding of technical documents, including specifications, drawings, test plans, standard operating procedures and system demonstration procedures.
Possess strong organizational skills with ability to coordinate and prioritize projects, adapting to change as they occur.
Must be detail oriented and possess ability to manage complex and varied projects.
Must have good communication skills to provide technical assistance, presentations, and/or training to field personnel.
Competent in developing, analyzing, and modifying complex Distributed Control System (DCS) software, or similar type system, and related Human Machine Interface (HMI) software.
Ability to understand Logic Diagrams
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
Knowledge of network systems and related components (routers/switches)
Education/training in systems programming and analysis
InSQL programming experience
Schneider Electric/Invensys DCS
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163245BR