Requisition/Vacancy No. 88518BR
Position Title Quality Control Inspector, Qatar
Job Category Construction Management
Business Line Transportation
Office Region Middle East
Office Location QAT - Qatar
Why Choose AECOM? Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
About the Business Line *Transportation*
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM seek a highly experienced Quality Control Inspector for a major highways project in Qatar. The successful candidate will be assigned to various phases of the works and has an important part in assuring the quality of work in the finished project.
A BSc in Civil Engineering and 7 years of infrastructure inspection experience is essential.Duties Include;
* Ensuring performance of the work in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
* Maintaining a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day.
* Interfacing with the public, especially residents and business owners adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
* Coordinating with the Contractor’s foreman in charge of the work on a daily basis to advise on the proper execution of the work.
* Coordinating with the Laboratory Technician and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
* Coordinating with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
* Reporting questionable methods of operation by the Contractor to the Assistant Resident Engineer
* Reporting to the Assistant Resident Engineer any failure of the Contractor to conform to plans and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
* Processing the request to check work forms and maintain records of their status.
* Maintaining records of completed works for interim and final payment and as-build plans.
* Maintaining detailed records of work performed by the Contractor on a day works basis.
* Making special notes and document the Contractor’s activities that may lead to claims.
* Issuing instructions to the Foreman in Charge of the work and do not argue with the Contractor or his representatives.
* Notifying the Assistant Resident Engineer of conditions that render it impractical or unreasonable to enforce the specifications.
* Reporting and document any accident that occurs on site and notify the Assistant Resident Engineer immediately.
* Enforcing performance of the work in strict accordance with the approved Safety Plan.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.