AECOM Senior Transport Engineer (Perth) in Perth, Australia
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Senior Transport Engineer (Perth)
Australia - Western Australia
As part of our advisory team, you will contribute to the planning and design of a large range of projects including major government infrastructure and strategic planning projects, cutting edge developments and niche advisory projects including freight and industry services. You will work in a dynamic team environment alongside engineers, modellers, planners, economists and designers and contribute to technological innovations to develop and communicate our solutions.
Our current and future projects are varied across highway and major road upgrades including significant Infrastructure Australia projects in Sydney and Perth, passenger rail, light rail and bus transit planning and design projects in Perth and across Australia, port and freight advisory projects as well as local access and walking and cycling network planning. We work with a wide range of public and private clients across industry sectors to contribute to innovative and market leading solutions.
• Provide leadership and strong technical capabilities to deliver design and strategic planning advice on traffic, public transport, cycling and pedestrian schemes, including contribution to business cases.
• Management and delivery of moderate to large scale projects, including managing resources, budgets and timelines and enhancing client and working relationships.
• Assist with identifying new business opportunities and pro-actively keeping abreast with developments in chosen area of technical interest.
• Deliver robust, winning project proposals.
• Support junior team members to develop their technical capabilities.
As a Senior Transport Engineer within AECOM you will have the chance to deliver transport design and planning expertise to our important local clients as well as have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary teams across Australia and internationally. This approach enables us to provide the best team for each project and develop the technical capabilities and experience of our personnel.
• Minimum 8 years relevant professional experience;
• A strong technical background with demonstrable experience in highway design of traffic, public transport, and cycle / pedestrian schemes and concept design;
• Experience in the design and operation of Traffic Signals;
• Knowledge of current trends in ITS including C-ITS, AVs and loT (Smart Cities).
• Appropriate tertiary qualification in engineering, geography or mathematics or transport planning;
• Significant experience of intersection assessment tools LINSIG/ SIDRA / TRANSYT
• Significant knowledge of hybrid, micro and meso simulation tools ideally VISSIM and/or AIMSUN
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Planning
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161650BR