AECOM Senior Professional - Environmental Scientist in Perth, Australia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151555BR
Position Title Senior Professional - Environmental Scientist
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Business Line Environment
State/Province/Region AU - Western Australia
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
The Professional role contributes to the winning, management and delivery of moderate to large scale projects across the contaminated sites and hydrogeological fields. It is responsible for the implementation and management of field investigations across a wide range of sites throughout Western Australia and nationally involving a diverse client base from Defence, Oil & Gas, Mining, Government and Industrial sectors.
This position requires working closely with colleagues and junior members of the Group as well as directly with existing and new clients. An understanding of the market for hydrogeology and contaminated land consultancy services in Western Australia is preferred, as well as experience in working in remote field locations.
The role requires:
• Development of preliminary and detailed site investigations
• Designing and implementing hydrogeological investigations and assessments
• Extensive field experience in contaminated land investigations and/or hydrogeological investigations
• Production of interpretative reports
• Application of contaminated land risk assessments
• Consultation with regulators
• Maintains and further develops professional and technical skills to the highest level on all projects contributed to, or undertaken
• Experience in mentoring junior team members.
• Demonstrated experience in managing projects and meeting delivery requirements
• Experience in successfully leading project field teams
• Strong oral and written communication skills, report writing, development of proposals
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
• Demonstrated commercial acumen and the ability to develop relationships
• A strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn and a desire to work in a dynamic deadline driven team environment
• Quality and productivity in execution of duties and responsibilities as outlined above
• Ability to participate as a member of multidisciplinary teams
• Appropriate tertiary qualification
• 4+ years relevant professional experience
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Competent in the use of systems such as Project Management tools
• Knowledge of the relevant market for consulting services
Preferred Qualifications .
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.