AECOM Principal Civil Engineer in Perth, Australia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 146340BR
Position Title Principal Civil Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Transportation
State/Province/Region AU - Western Australia
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are seeking a principal civil engineer with at least 15 years’ post-graduate industry experience to join the Civil and Water Infrastructure team in Perth.
The initial focus of this role will be supporting an existing workload of high profile urban development projects in Perth, including major transport upgrades.
The Principal Professional role contributes to the sales, profitability and management of work and people. It provides leadership to professional and technical staff on complex, large scale projects that deliver high standard outcomes for AECOM clients. It is also involved in regular client liaison, business development and winning work.
• Work on multi-disciplinary projects, including land development, urban renewal, water and wastewater infrastructure, defence, highways, rail and bridge design projects.
• Develop and foster client relationships through excellent project work delivery while also contributing to repeat business by representing the company in a professional manner when dealing with clients and contractors.
• Contribute to the complete and integrated set of project documents by working co-operatively with team members.
• Assist in determining clients’ needs and expectations and how they will be achieved in proposals and project plans.
• Provide mentoring and career development for team members.
• Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
• >15 years’ experience
• Consulting engineering or a similar local/state government role
• Demonstrated experience in management of and technical lead for multi-disciplinary projects
• Possess a strong network within WA to leverage off and help build and grow the discipline
Preferred Qualifications .
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.