AECOM Bridge Engineer in Perth, Australia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 144895BR
Position Title Bridge Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Structural
Business Line Transportation
State/Province/Region AU - Western Australia
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM has an exciting opportunity for a Professional Engineer to join our bridges team. The Professional role ensures delivery of projects (or component of) resources, budgets and timelines. Responsibilities include the preparation and presentation of proposals to clients and developing and enhancing relationships with clients, AECOM staff and suppliers.
As a Professional Engineer you will have:
• Demonstrated skills in working on bridge projects (or components of) and budgets to meet time and resource requirements
• Strong oral and written communication skills, report writing, development of proposals
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
• Demonstrated commercial acumen and the ability to develop relationships
• A strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn and a desire to work in a dynamic deadline driven team environment
• Quality and productivity in execution of duties and responsibilities as outlined above
• Timeliness and accuracy of completing tasks
• Effective collaboration skills
• A high drive to achieve set goals.
• Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline.
• 3 - 5 years’ experience
• Successful track record in the field of structural/bridge engineering.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of the market for consulting services
• Experience of MRWA standards and practices
• Software Packages: SAM, Space Gass, ACES or similar software packages
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.