AECOM Supervisor 1 in Oceana, Virginia
Business Line Government
Position Title Supervisor 1
United States of America - Virginia
AECOM is currently seeking qualified Supervisor 1 at our NAS Oceana, VA aircraft maintenance support facility.
Supervises and coordinates activities in accordance with negotiated contracts, Statement of Work (SOW), and company policies and procedures. This candidate must have the ability to work in a team of support personnel to meet operational objectives. Prepares work schedules and expedites work flow. Monitors flight line, hangar bay and all workspaces to ensure work is being done safely and efficiently. Ensures safety violations are fixed on the spot and each employee is working on assigned tasks when not on break or lunch, to accomplish assigned contracted work. Ensure employees are working within the confines of the contract for assigned work. Provides administrative support to staff as required. High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
To be considered candidate must apply online at www.aecom.com
For further information call Scotty Cain at 469-888-4418
• Minimum of seven (7) years as an Aviation Maintenance Manager with at least three (6) years in a Supervisory role. Aviation maintenance background and personnel management is required.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety orders, operations and maintenance instructions, and maintenance procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to communicate at all levels effectively before management, customers and employees involved in organization, Excellent customer service skills are required
•Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision is required
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• Ability to make sound decision and strong interpersonal skills while representing the company in a positive manner at customer meetings.
• Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills and must be able to work under deadlines.
• Must be available for any shift. Willing to work weekends and other hours as needed.
• Candidates must have a valid Driver's License.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Management
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 162982BR