AECOM Aircraft Worker in Oak Harbor, Washington
Business Line Government
Position Title Aircraft Worker
United States of America - Washington
AECOM is immediately hiring qualified Aircraft Workers, preferably with Plane Captain experience, in support of U.S. Navy Aircraft maintenance operations at NAS Whidbey Island, WA (VAQ-129). Must be able to work rotating shifts and travel for detachments.
Makes repairs to aircraft following orders of higher grade worker. Removes, cleans, reinstalls, or replaces defective parts, accessories, and components such as worn gaskets, couplings, and fittings; bad actuators, accumulators, gauges, sections of corroded fuel and oil lines, worn cable pulleys, frayed spark plug cables, and burned-out landing lights, using hand tools. Makes adjustments and settings such as cable tension and seat movement settings and adjustments. Obtains standard parts such as fuel and oil line connections and fittings, cable linkage, and spark plug cables and harnesses by referring to parts manuals and by making comparisons with samples. Services engines and aircraft components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition. Additionally, Servicers do the following tasks: aircraft flightline servicing, operates service vehicles to replenish fuel and oil, perform pre-flight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, enters on the maintenance records description of the servicing performed, checks for fuel contamination by draining sumps and fuel drains; operates ground support equipment such as electrical power supply, tow tractors, and engine starting units, examines tires for specified air pressure and condition, assists in towing aircraft and cleans exterior and interior of aircraft, hanger deck periodic housekeeping and fluid spills using portable platform ladders, brushes, rags, water hose, cleaning compound applicator and mobile vacuum.
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume directly online at www.aecom.com
For further information call Scotty Cain at 469-888-4418
• Shift work and detachment are required.
• High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum two (2) years actual and recent Plane Captain experience is required. Previous Plane Captain Qualification preferred.
• Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license.
• Must have ability to meet physical demand requirements associated with and/or pass and maintain any medical examination requirements related to performing daily routine aircraft maintenance tasks.
• Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
• Work is performed primarily outdoors under all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noise and exhaust fumes.
• Ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Should be a self-motivator and work with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• There is a great deal of standing, climbing, bending and stooping.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Maintenance
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161530BR