AECOM Project Surveyor in Norwich, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 149579BR
Position Title Project Surveyor
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Norfolk
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Program, Cost, Consultancy
We provide cost and project management services, and specialist consultancy services, to public- and private-sector clients around the world, with a strong presence in Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
Our Norwich Cost Management Business Unit continues to grow and have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and Frameworks in the region.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Project Surveyor.
You will be working alongside an Associate or Director to successfully manage and deliver various capital projects across the Anglia region. The role would cover the whole project lifecycle from initial inception and business case development estimates, through the design and procurement process and onto the site delivery and commissioning phase.
You should possess the skills and experience to actively support AECOM multi-disciplinary teams on technically complex projects between typically £1m to £40m.
You will help develop collaborative relationships with our clients and other professional colleagues within the industry. Successful delivery of projects with minimum supervision, leading to further repeat clients and their business.
• You should possess well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to develop long term relationships with all team members, and effectively balance people and processes.
• Understand and can demonstrate the importance of Client focus.
• Strong experience of delivering technically complex projects in the Sectors highlighted above from inception to completion.
• Good understanding of project Governance and procurement processes.
• Experience of working in another comparable consultancy environment, or within a client organization.
• Ideally will have proven experience in multiple sectors as a Project Surveyor.
• Skilled in Risk and Value Management
• Be able to demonstrate where they have added value to their previous projects
• Working knowledge of NEC3 and JCT Forms
• Good knowledge of Design and Build procurement
• Client facing experience acting as Employer's Agent on projects would be helpful
• Ideally possess or working towards MRICS
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, or recognized conversion Diploma/Degree alongside a Construction/Engineering degree
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.