AECOM Aircraft Servicer in Norfolk, Virginia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 147265BR
Position Title Aircraft Servicer
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Virginia
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in.
Candidate performs various duties in support of U.S. Navy flight line aircraft maintenance operations at NAS Norfolk, VA. VAW-120. Duties include, but are not limited to: fueling; de-fueling; engine oil servicing; direct incoming and outgoing aircraft near hangar area to assist pilots maneuvering of the aircraft on ground, using hand or light signals; pre-flight, post-flight, daily/turnaround, special and conditional inspections on aircraft; secures aircraft in parking position with chocks, tie down chains and grounding wires; check for fuel contamination by draining samples from low point drains; operate ground support equipment such as electrical power supply, tow tractor, light cart, and engine starting unit; clean exterior or interior of aircraft, using portable platform ladders, brushes, rags, water hoses, and vacuums interior floors of aircraft.
To be considered candidates must apply online at www.aecom.com
For further information call 469-888-4418 and speak with Scotty Cain
• Must have a High School diploma or GED.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
• Minimum of one (1) year actual and recent experience of organizational level aircraft maintenance, and flight line maintenance is recommended. Previous experience on (E-2C/E-2D/C-2A) aircraft desired.
• Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is preferred.
• Shift work and travel, to include work on Naval ships, is required.
• Ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks. There is a great deal of standing, climbing, bending and stooping. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver's license (or North Carolina driver’s license if North Carolina resident) and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
• Work is performed primarily outdoors under all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noise, exhaust fumes, and various types of chemicals.
• Must be able to obtain an approved status from the Contractor Verification System which includes a 7 year background check and obtain a Security Clearance for Public Trust.
Preferred Qualifications N/A
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.